Milam Cattle Company Bull & Female Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattleman200

Reaction score
I will be attending and consulting on the Milam sale Sat. March 12, 2011 1:00 P.M. CST at the farm in Olmstead ,Ky. The offering will include 70 head of registered Limousin and Lim-Flex cattle in the form of 33 Bulls, 12 Bred Heifers, 10 Bred Cows, 10 Show Heifer Prospects and/or Replacement heifers and 5 Cow/Calf Pairs and a Few Select Embryos. A catalog can be viewed at www.rrmktg.com . If I can be of assistance to anyone please contact me from the sale day phones in the catalog. Thanks, Bill

Circle H Ranch
www.chrlimousin.com

Sale Results on the Milam Sale on a beautiful Kentucky Day listed below::

1 1/2 Donor Females averaged $11,333
4 Open Females averaged $1525
4 Pairs averaged $2663
23 Bred Females averaged $2857
-------------------------------------------------
32 1/2 Female Lots averaged $3060

33 Young Bulls averaged $1687
----------------------------------------------------
65 1/2 lots averaged $2368

29 Embryos averaged $405

Grand Sale Total $166,875

Circle H Ranch

Well some better but there were some expensive singles in the bred group. Some of them brought $3100 , $4000 ,$8000 . $3500 , $3000 , $3000. Others sold well also and it just made the breds higher. Also some of the Pairs had smaller calves and also one was open but sold with a breeding guarantee and a calf that probably could have been a little better than it was. Four pairs not really a big group to get a fair reading from either and not the quality across the board as the breds were. One other item of interest was that to me the bulls overall looked better as a group than last year but brought less money this year. Didnt reall make sense with all the incentive money that can be retrieved in Tenn and Ky. by bull buyers on different Gov. programs but hey who knows?

Circle h Ranch

Cattleman200":36qtgogc said:
Well some better but there were some expensive singles in the bred group. Some of them brought $3100 , $4000 ,$8000 . $3500 , $3000 , $3000. Others sold well also and it just made the breds higher. Also some of the Pairs had smaller calves and also one was open but sold with a breeding guarantee and a calf that probably could have been a little better than it was. Four pairs not really a big group to get a fair reading from either and not the quality across the board as the breds were. One other item of interest was that to me the bulls overall looked better as a group than last year but brought less money this year. Didnt reall make sense with all the incentive money that can be retrieved in Tenn and Ky. by bull buyers on different Gov. programs but hey who knows?

Circle h Ranch

I would love to have some info on this incentive money. :shock:

Talk to your local county agent TripleB. I am sure he can tell you all about it or direct you to someone that can. I have heard that in some cases you can get back up to one half the purchase price on a bull but I am not 100% sure on that. If you find out please post it on here. Thanks

Circle H Ranch

tripleBfarms":3rxjm58r said:
Cattleman200":3rxjm58r said:

Circle h Ranch

I would love to have some info on this incentive money. :shock:
It is a 50% cost share with the max you can get in our county is $2000, some countioes vary the max some to spread the money out over more people. Every county did not get money and the deadline is gone for this bunch of funding in our county. The soil conservation office is over seeing it in out county. Talk to your extension agent and he should know.

Cattleman200":3bzxdkln said:
Sale Results on the Milam Sale on a beautiful Kentucky Day listed below::

1 1/2 Donor Females averaged $11,333
4 Open Females averaged $1525
4 Pairs averaged $2663
23 Bred Females averaged $2857
-------------------------------------------------
32 1/2 Female Lots averaged $3060

33 Young Bulls averaged $1687
----------------------------------------------------
65 1/2 lots averaged $2368

29 Embryos averaged $405

Grand Sale Total $166,875

Circle H Ranch

Are you calling young, yearlings?
Most of the angus sales have averaged better but most have benn a 18 month old bull.

Yes several of the bulls were barely a year old and a few less than a year old. The bulls had not been pushed and several of them did not look great. I was told they were only fed grain two times per week but I dont know that to be a fact. It was the same way last year though and if I remember correctly the bulls averaged $2000 or more.

Circle H Ranch