Mighty Mule 560 gate opener opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
Due to some questionable activity on our property recently I`ve decided to install a gate at the end of our driveway. I`m just wondering if some of you have the Mighty Mule openers have had good luck with them and how they`ve held up. I plan on installing a 16 foot heavy duty gate using 5 or 6 inch pipe in concrete for the posts and just shutting the gate at night and leaving it open during the day. I had hoped to never have to put a gate there but the world we live in has changed to where it `s now a necessity.

I figured the smaller ones were junk and I would have to get the 560 even though it may be a little overkill.

Seems like everyone on this county road has one but me.
As far as suspicious activity I don't see they are any better than any other gate except you can open it sitting in your vehicle.
I taking care of my neighbors place right now that is in the hospital.
If you forget the code just pull the
pin on them and drive through.

Great trotline weights. I won't even install one if it's requested.
We do ALOT of gate openers.
Look into Apollo, liftmaster, and ellite.

Apollo 1500 is the best bang for the buck. :2cents:

callmefence":2pmxh955 said:

Will 3 times the cost last 3 times as long? And do you think low voltage kills the gate operator? I use a deep cycle trolling motor battery and that seemed to help.

True Grit Farms":2dtdzhog said:
callmefence":2dtdzhog said:

Will 3 times the cost last 3 times as long? And do you think low voltage kills the gate operator? I use a deep cycle trolling motor battery and that seemed to help.

Yes we use only deep cycle marine batteries.

There's 3 on my place over 10 years old.
I've replaced the circuit board in 1. ..250.00
No I'm not saying you will get 10 years. But if reliable means anything. I will absolutely say the Apollo is three times more reliable.

When I install a operated for someone and they come home late and it's pouring rain.
And the gate won't open. Their gonna get pizzed. Doesn't matter if they spent 500.00 or 1550.00 ( what I charge turnkey btw) their gonna be the same amount of pizzed.
And I'm gonna have to make it right.
No mighty mule here I'd rather my competition have that headache

callmefence":qzb2zmz2 said:

:nod: :nod: Found that out the hard way but buying the mighty mule first then replacing with the Apollo 1500. Deep cycle marine battery seems to last forever as apposed to those two little tricycle batteries. Had to take tester with me when I bought those to make sure I wasn't get new ones with dead cells.

I just open and close the gate seems simple enough to me. On top of that I don't have another battery or solar charger sitting on the road for these crack heads to steal.

Latest posts