Mid size vs full size gator

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you love about the Ranger?
No metal to get bent to he!! on the bed, lots of power, 4WD, the dump bed, winch, roof, windshield wipers, heated seats, 6 (SIX!!!!) cup holders, lots of storage, fully enclosed with heat/AC available, clearance, good tires, 2-boot gun rack, fencing attachments, horn, stereo optional, changing the oil is not that hard, excellent customer service. Just to name a few.

No metal to get bent to he!! on the bed, lots of power, 4WD, the dump bed, winch, roof, windshield wipers, heated seats, 6 (SIX!!!!) cup holders, lots of storage, fully enclosed with heat/AC available, clearance, good tires, 2-boot gun rack, fencing attachments, horn, stereo optional, changing the oil is not that hard, excellent customer service. Just to name a few.
Mine is not that "tricked" out. But, I hear that TCRanch also has a wine fridge in hers. :cool:

What do you love about the Ranger?
Pros: Rides like a Cadillac, can't imagine anything doing better in mud/snow, any add-on you could ever imagine is available if you want to pay for it, really nice seats/operator station.

Cons: Geared too fast - even in low range it's hard to maintain 3mph spraying. Belt drive is jerky.

Mom just bought a Mule ProFx. The cab leaves a little to be desired, but it's built a lot heavier than our Ranger and more suited to farm work.

They're both good machines, just whatever blows your skirt up at the time.

We have the RTV 1140 and 900 Kubota and I have had the 900 for 17 years and still runs like new. Had 1 battery 1 boot on the 4WD Front and 2 sets of tires and just keeps on going

Can Am Defender would be the comp to the Ranger.
Does any one have a Can Am defender? I think I want to try one of those next. I am tired of replacing wheel bearings and A-arm bushing on my ranger. Seems like every 4,000 miles we spend a day and $500 working on the rangers. Got one at 9,000 and it's had a set of front axles now too. Along with rack and pinion and 2 sets of wheel bearings and bushings. I want something that will run 40mph down the dirt road but be built a little tougher.

Does any one have a Can Am defender? I think I want to try one of those next. I am tired of replacing wheel bearings and A-arm bushing on my ranger. Seems like every 4,000 miles we spend a day and $500 working on the rangers. Got one at 9,000 and it's had a set of front axles now too. Along with rack and pinion and 2 sets of wheel bearings and bushings. I want something that will run 40mph down the dirt road but be built a little tougher.
We do. I do think it is built better in general than the Ranger. Will it last longer in your conditions is hard to say. Most of what you are describing is common of any independent type suspension no matter the brand. The alternative is a much rougher ride.

Personally, I will not run a Ranger. My next sxs is between the Can Am or the Honda. I'm leaning Can Am because I want the long bed.

I have dreams at night of the junk o can put in that bed. 😄
Screenshot_20220329-103145_Chrome.jpg

We do. I do think it is built better in general than the Ranger. Will it last longer in your conditions is hard to say. Most of what you are describing is common of any independent type suspension no matter the brand. The alternative is a much rougher ride.

Personally, I will not run a Ranger. My next sxs is between the Can Am or the Honda. I'm leaning Can Am because I want the long bed.

View attachment 14940
BOING!

Buddy of mine bought a Defender at the same time I bought our Ranger. Neither of us has had any issues with them, and the build quality is very similar from what I have seen.

View attachment 14940
That long bed would sure be nice. One of my neighbors recently bought a short bed single cab canam. It has heat/ac and electric windows and such. He says it rides better than polaris and he's owned 10 rangers I'd bet. I hope he racks up the miles quick on the new can am so I can see how it's holding up. He did say the newer rangers are alot tougher. He had a 2021 ranger that had 4,000 miles on it when he sold it. Front end still seemed pretty tight. Crazy part of that story is he got several thousand more than he paid for it. Made driving those 4,000 miles pretty cheap.

Latest posts