Microswitch for saw

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have a saw that turns on when you plug it in. Looks like this microswitch is behind the deal you pull to start the blade spinning.

Does any one have a good source for some thing like this? I've been searching online with no luck. No good electronic stores around here.20211019_120309.jpg20211019_114501.jpg

That 20.5 amp is an oddball. There are plenty of the 15 amp D45X switches out there. Based on what I found, it looks like that particuilar swtich is used in a lot of Arcade machines. I can send you a link, but the minimum order is 100 of them.

That 20.5 amp is an oddball. There are plenty of the 15 amp D45X switches out there. Based on what I found, it looks like that particuilar swtich is used in a lot of Arcade machines. I can send you a link, but the minimum order is 100 of them.
That a bummer. Send it if you don't mind. Maybe it will help me find more.

Have you tested the switch to confirm it's bad? Issue could be elsewhere - wiring shorted to itself, etc.

I agree that 20.5A is an odd rating for a switch of this type, but I don't think your really using 20 amps, it so you would be tripping circuit breakers which are normally only 15 amps. The rating label of the saw should show the amp rating on it. I suggest that you look on Allied Electronics website for a 15A microswitch. Maybe something like this.

They will let you order 1 pc. if that's all you need.

I forgot to mention to pay attention to the width of the spade terminals to make sure you order a switch that has terminals that are the correct width for the wire harness to plug into.

Common to NC spade should have continuity until you press the button
Common to NO spade should be open until you press the button
Checking from NO to NC spades should never have continuity

In your picture of the microswitch it looks like both the No and NC spades got hot, see the discolored black and blue on the spades. Could it be as simple as a bad connection to the plug on terminals? Do they feels tight when you slip them on?

In your picture of the microswitch it looks like both the No and NC spades got hot, see the discolored black and blue on the spades. Could it be as simple as a bad connection to the plug on terminals? Do they feels tight when you slip them on?
They were tight but have some tarnish from corrosion.

Since the problem is that the saw runs without pulling the handle it proves the saw motor is functioning and the circuit is conducting electricity. Could the problem have been that the switch was stuck in the ON position and when you took it apart it became un-stuck? My bet is still on replacing the microswitch if you can get a new one shipped to you relatively cheap. You could remove the saw blade and try it on the bench with your existing switch to see if it is working properly now.

Since the problem is that the saw runs without pulling the handle it proves the saw motor is functioning and the circuit is conducting electricity. Could the problem have been that the switch was stuck in the ON position and when you took it apart it became un-stuck? My bet is still on replacing the microswitch if you can get a new one shipped to you relatively cheap. You could remove the saw blade and try it on the bench with your existing switch to see if it is working properly now.
I'll put it back in and try it again. It seemed like it wasn't working right at first when I was clicking it but I wasn't sure I had my meter set right. Now when I do it it's perfect

This thing sits in my garage and can go month with out use so you may be right.

OK, now you're over my head. I know just enough about electricity to really mess sh*t up.

If it continues to stay in the run position whenever plugged in, I'd be tempted to buy a foot operated pressure switch - OSHA approved...

Latest posts