Help Support CattleToday:

My vet told me the same thing. If you accidentally injected yourself with Micotil it could prove fatal. On the other hand, it is the best antibiotic I have ever used for scours and respiratory problems. Quite expensive too.
Either a year or two ago a rancher up in Nebraska got kicked when walking through the lot and he had the sirringe in his pocket and it punctured his leg and killed him.
Yes, it is very toxic to humans so you have to be really careful using it!

Also keep in mind it isn't labeled for scours.. only for pnuemonia. It has a lenghty withdrawl period as well. One of the vets at A & M said there was talk about taking it off the market last year because it wasn't being used for what it was labeled for.

Latest posts