Oh, how I love ole Michigan

When the snow's up to your butt.

You take a breath of winter

And your nose freezes shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around.

I could never leave my Michigan

Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

Good poem, did you write that? Sure everyone in the Northern states can appreciate that, sure has been a rough winter.

Here's my Michigan poem:

It's winter here in Michigan.
Dam it's cold!

It's spring here in Michigan
Dam it's muddy!

It's summer here in Michigan
Dam that water's cold!

It's fall here in Michigan,
Dam it's cold, but the leaves are pretty.

The end.

here's my poem about alabama..like too hear it,,here it go..........i live in alabama its now 74 degree's .. you can keep yo dam cold weather ,cause i enjoy wearin' tee's :p

alacattleman":3f0evgvn said:
here's my poem about alabama..like too hear it,,here it go..........i live in alabama its now 74 degree's .. you can keep yo dam cold weather ,cause i enjoy wearin' tee's :p

It is Jan 27, and across the northern states and provinces it is cold. Worse, it is going to be cold for some considerable time to come. If you're in Michigan or Minnesota, that means a brief warm up on July 4, followed by a light dusting (under 2 feet) of snow the following week. For me it means April, sometime early or late in the month.
It is misting ice out there as I type.
Now, as far as the poem you submitted for this contest-- turning the keyboard slightly sideways and grasping it firmly should allow maximum inclusion. :lol: :lol:

Lammie":3ulgm35a said:
Here's my Michigan poem:

Dam it's cold!

Dam it's muddy!

Dam that water's cold!

The end.

:lol2: :lol2: But, Lammie, you gotta feel for those folks. We are a little spoiled down this way :nod:

CKC1586":giwlrjht said:
A Michigan Winter Poem

It's winter here in Michigan

And the gentle breezes blow,

Seventy miles an hour,

At twenty five below.

Oh, how I love ole Michigan

When the snow's up to your butt.

You take a breath of winter

And your nose freezes shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around.

I could never leave my Michigan

Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

I like it :tiphat: .

Larry

Lammie":352f4ft3 said:
Here's my Michigan poem:

Dam it's cold!

Dam it's muddy!

Dam that water's cold!

The end.

:lol2: :lol2: that's good Lammie . Just for the record Ohio ain't much better .

Larry

BeefmasterB":3ee8bg2u said:
Lammie":3ee8bg2u said:
Here's my Michigan poem:

Dam it's cold!

Dam it's muddy!

Dam that water's cold!

The end.

:lol2: :lol2: But, Lammie, you gotta feel for those folks. We are a little spoiled down this way :nod:

Guess I shouldn't say anything about waking up last night and turning on the AC cause the house was hot and stuffy. :shock:

But that is Texas weather, 80 degrees yesterday, 35 today.

And still no preciptiation of any kind.

Ahhhh, Good ol' Western Washington. I can count the days in my entire lifetime that have been above 100 or below 0 on my fingers and have fingers left over. No frostbite or heat stroke here, maybe a little webbing between the toes but that just helps you swim faster.

I guess I can appreciate a state with four seasons. We have four seasons in Texas, only they can run in a week. Seasons in Texas go like this:

Winter : a roller coaster season with all four seasons thrown in, sometimes in one day.
Summer: we won't discuss it.
3 days of Spring, not consecutively, with periods of winter in between those days lasting two weeks.
Fall, a joke. Maybe two days of weather that can be classified at "Fall", mixed mostly with blazing hot Summers, (nineties in October), and the odd couple of days of winter. (have seen several inches of snow in October, too.) September is an extension of summer, often the hottest time of year because you are longing for a Fall, which does not exist.

Today is winter. Ice on the ground, in the twenties, two hour delay at school.

Why am I up so early????

Lammie":zir64u7a said:
I guess I can appreciate a state with four seasons. We have four seasons in Texas, only they can run in a week. Seasons in Texas go like this:

Winter : a roller coaster season with all four seasons thrown in, sometimes in one day.
3 days of Spring, not consecutively, with periods of winter in between those days lasting two weeks.
Fall, a joke. Maybe two days of weather that can be classified at "Fall", mixed mostly with blazing hot Summers, (nineties in October), and the odd couple of days of winter. (have seen several inches of snow in October, too.) September is an extension of summer, often the hottest time of year because you are longing for a Fall, which does not exist.

Today is winter. Ice on the ground, in the twenties, two hour delay at school.

Why am I up so early????
I thought our 4 seasons were,turkey,deer,dove,and quail season.

Cal

Lammie":3dlqp0zc said:

That's a good description of our weather too. I was barefoot early this morning carrying out the trash. It was quite pleasant. Did notice something peculiar last week though. Frost was on the ground and there was a dense fog. I thought that strange. Maybe Gore has some explanation for all this.

Good poem though. I like it. Is poetry a symptom of cabin fever?

Lammie":2mx52r4d said:
Here's my Michigan poem:

Dam it's cold!

Dam it's muddy!

Dam that water's cold!

The end.
Well actually Lammie winters are rough but our summer and fall are wonderful. My favorite season is fall. Summers get pretty darn hot, not like the "hots" some of you southern folks get used to but many 90 plus days. And the humidity can be impressive.
I didn't write the poem, got it from a friend. This really seems like it has been a long winter already, and sorry to hear about you folks that are getting ice, we have had two rounds of that here don't need it again thank you.

Latest posts