Michigan

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, I thought I would share this poem about our state. I didn't write it, I got it in an email.

Michigan Poem

It's winter here in Michigan
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Michigan
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Michigan
'Cause my feet are frozen to the ground!!

On another note, I would like to add we may have our quirks ie: when you ask us where we are from we will show you our hand with the thumb pointing east and point to where we live. But we do say yes sir/no sir and ma'm. :tiphat:

My ex is from Michigan and I have been there serveral times. He's a Yooper. Beautiful country, strange folks. Have been all over the state at one time or another. Canoed the Au Sable. Did not have a good time. I hate canoes. People from Texas do not canoe. We either take the party barge or we sit in inner tubes. Have never been in winter. Just in summer, and frooze my behind off then.

Yes our Yoopers do dance to the beat of a different drummer but it sure is pretty up there. The copper country is amazing. The AuSable in the fall is a sight to behold. But canoes aren't my thing either. I like the pontoon and a cooler of beer much better. Actually our entire State has some spectacular color in the fall. My Dad liked winter the best, he loved to ice fish and snowmobile. We don't seem to get the big snow like we used to but that is okay by me. I do get tired of the cold winter but my family is here so here I stay.
I have only driven through Texas on my way to Arizona but would like to come out for the stock show sometime.

CKC, sounds a lot like MN there. Same kinds of activities and pretty close on the weather. Have you ever been to the UP downhill skiing? With all that lake effect snow I hear it's pretty awesome.

MistyMorning":2yr0s057 said:
CKC, sounds a lot like MN there. Same kinds of activities and pretty close on the weather. Have you ever been to the UP downhill skiing? With all that lake effect snow I hear it's pretty awesome.

I never got into the downhill skiing but did some cross country. I haven't spent a whole lot of time in the UP but my Dad hunted the Seney Marshes from 1947 until 1989 (Mom had a stroke and he quit hunting and fishing to take care of her). My ex has property up there and the kids go snowmobiling. Did you know that the Yoopers refer to us folks below the Big Mac as "trolls"!? :lol2:
We are pretty close in climate etc as Mn and Wi. I have kin in Wisconsin.

Latest posts