Michigan bound - for a year

Help Support CattleToday:

glfgy74

Reaction score
I'm taking a contract Design Assignment in the Sterling Heights, MI area for a year. I'll be designing Harnesses on the Bradley Fighting Vehicle and want to try and make a connection while I'm there.

Ideally I'd like to room on a ranch or farm and help out where I can when I have the free time. I'll be making trips to Texas a couple times a month but can pitch in during the week and the weekends I'm in town.

If anyone knows of a need like this in the Sterling Heights area or within 30 miles of it please let me know, I'd appreciate the help!

Good luck. I hope you find something. It will be tough finding anything within 30 miles of Sterling Heights though. Mostly towns and sub-divisions for miles in any direction up there.

Yeah I know, it looks as if things to the north could work and be a decent distance....Appreciate the help!

Thanks Again..

HOSS":deix6qlu said:
Good luck. I hope you find something. It will be tough finding anything within 30 miles of Sterling Heights though. Mostly towns and sub-divisions for miles in any direction up there.
Yup, mostly "city" all around there for wider than 30 miles.... Get prepared for our weather, can be frustrating to folks that are not used to single or below zero temperatures one day and double digits the next. Good luck and welcome to the mitten.

I'm an Illinois boy by birth, Texan by choice! I have some experience with the weather and quite honestly it still has me wondering what the heck I'm doing, but I can hack it for the year!

Plus, I know once the weather breaks it'll be a beautiful area and I'll be able to take advantage of the great golf courses in the area as well!!

The Washington and Romeo areas look like good possibilities....

Thanks CKC! I'll look forward to getting to know the area...and hopefully making some good connections with the local cattle producers!

Latest posts