Michael Phelps smoking pot?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What do you all think about this? I was kind of surprised by it, especially with him, and his sqeeky clean image he presented in the olympics.

What about A-Rod admitting his steroid use, after lying to the Grand Jury about it? Do you think because these people are well known athletes that they should be given special treatment?

GMN

No one's perfect. At least he wasn't taking things to help him cheat in his sport. These guys should be treated like anyone else who is doing drugs. But A-Rod should be treated especially bad :) (I'm a Red Sox fan)

I wonder if ROOR bongs is now one of Phelps' sponsors? The "Phelps" model could be red, white, and blue and have some gold rings around the neck. It probably broke the poor guy that was packing the bowl, considering his amazing lung capacity! :lol2: Remember his age America! He's still just a kid, and he did something stupid. I, for one, can't cast the first stone..........hopefully he's learned that he will be held accountable, if not, then we can add him to the "list" of screw ups. It could have been worse......it could have been Mathew Mitcham "smoking" a pole! But we are far too PC to say anything about that. :roll:

Great post Trey.. :)

People don't realize that 50 years ago this boy would've probably been traveling with the circus and been called the amazing fish boy or Aqua Boy.
He overcame his gawkiness and applied himself to a sport "and lets think about this seriously SWIMMING where it is utterly useless in the real world I mean who pays to watch swimming?" just to be in the olympics and perhaps make some money from sponsors..Now that all of his sponsors dumped him because of being a young man and doing what most of that generation do "and it could have been a lot worse than pot" is just sad..What is the most that he can do now, will the media let this go and let him move on..to do what coach swimming..

I feel sorry for him because if it was anyone else it would never have made the news....And NO he is not a freaking role model he is more of a freak than anything who used his abnormalities to his benefit..

As far as A Rod, look who his dating now I am sure they are sharing steroids.... :lol2:

All he has to do is say "I didn't inhale" and all will be forgiven. I mean Slick Willy is a great example. He became president for 8 years, made it through an impeachment hearing, and is making millions giving speeches. The lesson Phelps could take from this is to smoke all the dope you want but don't inhale and you can be anything you want to be.

HOSS":1l8pceo5 said:
All he has to do is say "I didn't inhale" and all will be forgiven. I mean Slick Willy is a great example. He became president for 8 years, made it through an impeachment hearing, and is making millions giving speeches. The lesson Phelps could take from this is to smoke all the dope you want but don't inhale and you can be anything you want to be.

Heck HOSS we're past that as well. Our new pres. inhaled and shot up...admitted it and is now on top of the world.

I am just worried about second hand pot smoke. :mrgreen:

We should also make it a law to inhale second hand pot smoke so South Americans make more money. Third hand pot smoke might cause obesity from munchies. Fourth hand pot smoke might cause a pro-baseball player to take steroids. Fifth hand pot smokers could be fired from their jobs.

Likewise, anyone having a yard with extra methane production should have to pay an environment fee. Second hand methane neighbor's yards should also be tested for methane and also have to pay a fee even if they are innocent and plead not guilty. Third hand neighbors should be exempt from methane fees and should be allowed to drink alcohol in restaurants. However, fourth hand methane neighbors have to plant five young trees each year from the fees collected from the first two neighbors.

When we consider eating too much, second hand eaters should have higher health insurance premiums so the first hand eaters will have to cough these fees up. Third hand eaters could be allowed to drive on roads by neightbors planted trees of fifth hand pot smokers. Got it?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HerefordSire":2qclm7h9 said:
I am just worried about second hand pot smoke. :mrgreen:

We should also make it a law to inhale second hand pot smoke so South Americans make more money. Third hand pot smoke might cause obesity from munchies. Fourth hand pot smoke might cause a pro-baseball player to take steroids. Fifth hand pot smokers could be fired from their jobs.

Likewise, anyone having a yard with extra methane production should have to pay an environment fee. Second hand methane neighbor's yards should also be tested for methane and also have to pay a fee even if they are innocent and plead not guilty. Third hand neighbors should be exempt from methane fees and should be allowed to drink alcohol in restaurants. However, fourth hand methane neighbors have to plant five young trees each year from the fees collected from the first two neighbors.

When we consider eating too much, second hand eaters should have higher health insurance premiums so the first hand eaters will have to cough these fees up. Third hand eaters could be allowed to drive on roads by neightbors planted trees of fifth hand pot smokers. Got it?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HS.......where you the person that wrote this latest stimulus / spending bill? :mrgreen:

Hoss....only people that are good with other people can be politicians. Look around on these boards....which ones are good with people? I certainly am not. As a peasant, there are so many rules and laws I may have to hire someone to hire someone. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2vln4u1e said:
HOSS":2vln4u1e said:

Heck HOSS we're past that as well. Our new pres. inhaled and shot up...admitted it and is now on top of the world.

Did we skip the Bush college years in this objectivity?

TC Cattle":31urmg94 said:
TexasBred":31urmg94 said:
HOSS":31urmg94 said:

Did we skip the Bush college years in this objectivity?

He was just a drunk. That don't count. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Angus Cowman":1uf4mg8u said:
dun":1uf4mg8u said:
Big deal, much ado about nothing!
I think if the media would shut up about Hollywood, Sports stars, and musicians we all would be better off

WHO GIVES A RATS A$$
Sports are out of hand, athletes make too much money and too much commericalism of sports.

Kelloggs got Phelps where it hurts, in the wallet.

GMN":3feqi601 said:
What do you all think about this? I was kind of surprised by it, especially with him, and his sqeeky clean image he presented in the olympics.

What about A-Rod admitting his steroid use, after lying to the Grand Jury about it? Do you think because these people are well known athletes that they should be given special treatment?

GMN

i'm not an a-rod fan(not since he left texas anyway)
his 2003 contract was 10 years for 250 million and he was being paid to drive in runs and produce wins.
in 2003 he played in 161 games out of 162, hit .286, 47 hr's and 118 rbi's
he was doing what he was being paid to do(except for the wins)
did tom hicks know he had players juicing ?
sure he did.
did he doing anything about it ?
no !!!
was it wrong ?
probably to the other players in the game that were clean and didn't get paid as well because they couldn't put up the numbers of the players on juice.

phelps made a mistake, he's a kid
just teach him the error of his ways

Hmm... was it the 1998 olympics? First snowboard gold medal? Ross Rebagliatti won, tested positive for THC, medal was taken away, then reinstated.... again, if you can do a demanding sport that takes concentration and do it stoned.. well, i don't see that big a problem with that, I'm against steroids in sports, and well, honestly I'm kinda against sports in general when it gets to a professional level. I knew Ross's sister... and let me tell you, pretty amazing person.. on her birthday she was plastered, could barely stand, but was riding her unicycle around her house... I will never forget that

That probably explains this:

Here's Phelps's typical menu. (No, he doesn't choose among these options. He eats them all, according to the Post.)

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

Latest posts