MF 240 rebuild questions

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
I just got a MF 240 Diesel and the steer cylinders are leaking. There is some kind of home grown hydraulic plate used to tap into the Hyd fluid system and has a slow leak on top about where the seat mount would be. The seat mount is a 2x6 and not stable at all. Good news it seems run good and pulling a 6' brushhog. I a getting ready to bring it home and remove some of the redneck engineering. Does any know where I can buy a manual for this tractor? What is the largest shredder that this unit can pull?

There are valves and other accessories that can go where that plate is... I have a diverter valve and a original blockoff plate spare if you need them.. Diverter valve selects either the 3pt or whatever else.. I think they're a pretty decent little tractor, was looking for a 245 for a long time, ended up with a 255.. also have a 165.

Good little tractors , that perkins just sips fuel , 6ft hog is about all it wants especially a heavy one, assuming 3pt.

saltbranch":20bndwio said:
I just got a MF 240 Diesel and the steer cylinders are leaking. There is some kind of home grown hydraulic plate used to tap into the Hyd fluid system and has a slow leak on top about where the seat mount would be. The seat mount is a 2x6 and not stable at all. Good news it seems run good and pulling a 6' brushhog. I a getting ready to bring it home and remove some of the redneck engineering. Does any know where I can buy a manual for this tractor? What is the largest shredder that this unit can pull?

The steering cylinders are a piece of cake to rebuild.
I've got the factory service manual for a 231 that I sold. I'll have to dig to find it. But you can sure have it.

saltbranch":mkkr6svn said:
The workshop manual for that series is available on line in PDF.
http://www.myedocs.com/onlinefiles/Mass ... M-0930.pdf

It's a pretty big file and can take awhile to load the page. It should start off like this:

Nesikep":1ac01e7t said:
There are valves and other accessories that can go where that plate is... I have a diverter valve and a original blockoff plate spare if you need them.. Diverter valve selects either the 3pt or whatever else.. I think they're a pretty decent little tractor, was looking for a 245 for a long time, ended up with a 255.. also have a 165.
I am interested in both, how much for them? I can also provide a UPS or FEDEX account number to ship to me collect if those are options for you.
Thank you

greybeard":kzni1lve said:
saltbranch":kzni1lve said:

It's a pretty big file and can take awhile to load the page. It should start off like this:

Thank you for the link, I got it down loaded

callmefence":13m0v4ya said:
saltbranch":13m0v4ya said:

The steering cylinders are a piece of cake to rebuild.
I've got the factory service manual for a 231 that I sold. I'll have to dig to find it. But you can sure have it.

Thank you Sir for the offer, I got the one online downloaded now. Good to hear on the cylinders as I have not done one in over 20 years

saltbranch":who5i9o2 said:
Nesikep":who5i9o2 said:
I am interested in both, how much for them? I can also provide a UPS or FEDEX account number to ship to me collect if those are options for you.
Thank you
I'll have to ask the old man what he wants for them... I'll get back to you

greybeard":1ie0o0d3 said:
saltbranch":1ie0o0d3 said:

Greybeard appearantly I am not fluent in this website. Any chance there is a manual for a Case 485 available to down load too?

Latest posts