Message Board Problems

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I've been having lot of problems with the message board. Doesn't seem to be related to day of week or time of day. Our ISP is Satellite with 100 Mbps speed. Problems have included:
  • 1. Very slow loading of pages.
    2. Pages not loading completely.
    3. Unable to connect: Cannot find server.
    4. Having to click mouse twice on topics (sometimes) to change a thread or page.
    5. Sometimes up to 2 minutes for a page to load.

Anyone else having these problems?

Running Arrow Bill":3epbsoha said:
Problems have included:
  • 1. Very slow loading of pages.
    2. Pages not loading completely.
    3. Unable to connect: Cannot find server.
    4. Having to click mouse twice on topics (sometimes) to change a thread or page.
    5. Sometimes up to 2 minutes for a page to load.

Anyone else having these problems?

I have experienced 1,3,4 and 5 (not all at once) on and off now for a few weeks. I have removed CT from my favorites and typed in the website, re-added it to favorites, have signed off line and re-signed on.

I do not have satellite, I have dial-up.

I figure it's just "one of those things". I have accepted these little quirks and keep coming back. :)

Katherine

sounds like ISP problems to me.

just because your satellite will download at those speeds still wont prevent the slow response inherent with satellite transmissions (the signal has to travel 80,000 miles and be processed 5 times before your computer gets anything).

are you using a wireless network? are these problems isolated to this message board?

Aero":1zz8emvx said:
sounds like ISP problems to me.

are you using a wireless network? are these problems isolated to this message board?

The above post may have been directed at Running Arrow Bill, however, I do not use a wireless network and for me, these problems are associated with this board only. I have no difficulties with the other two that I visit.

Katherine

i ahve been having the 'cannot find server' problem, not a lot but enough to be very annoying.

Problems should be cleared up by now. Are you still having them? Especially "Can't Find Server"?

Satellites don't work well on Message Boards. Too many individual files to upload and download on each page. But it should never take over 10 or 15 seconds. In fact DirectWay and DirectPC didn't work well for me with anything. But dial-up should not be a problem.

I can reduce the number of topics and posts on each page and that will speed it up some.

Let me know!

I have a Direcway, (now hughesnet) satellite, and have not had any recent problems with this site.

Ken

Think we solved our "loading" problem (at least for now...lol). My wife spent an hour or so with the Direcway (Hughes) people today. Apparently problem was with their servers, etc. and/or some glitch with our "personal" signal to "lost in space satellite...lol." Solved the problem and ALL of our web searches, loads, are coming up within 3-5 seconds now. At last I should be able to update our two websites! :)

I have problem 4, needing to click twice to go back and to go to the home page list. I have braodband on the wire. It does not happen with any other board, just this one. It is annoying and I do it so often here, that when I am on another board, I do it there too and wind up going two pages back -UGH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Billy

MrBilly":3bwtog2d said:
I have problem 4, needing to click twice to go back and to go to the home page list. I have braodband on the wire. It does not happen with any other board, just this one. It is annoying and I do it so often here, that when I am on another board, I do it there too and wind up going two pages back -UGH!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Billy

quit using the back button and use the command lines for the forum index or to get back to the particular board
boardinstructions.jpg

Good information, but using the back button used to work just fine on this board, but no longer does and it does work on everyother board I'm on. Conclusion something has changed on this board.

Thanks,
Billy

Not to mention the back button also gets you back to where you were on the previous page, as opposed to the command button automatically starts you back over at the beggining of the page. If you have already scrolled down and read 3/4 of the topics, then why would you force yourself to rescroll(?) the entire page every time you reloaded the page?

yeah that rescrolling wears me out. i will no longer force myself to do that.

Latest posts