Merry Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Well actually, Mooey Christmas

DSCF00131.JPG

and to you as well...I can never get mine to sit still long enough to take a picture, much less with a santa hat!

Ahhhhh what a cute pic.. :)

I want to do one with Angel and Apple (Holstein mon and daughter) and maybe Stormy and Maggie (my beef bb's this year).. Hubby thinks it's "wrong" to put a Santa hat on a cow/calf..We'll see ,if he's not around then he has no say.. :p Plus they are my cows ,... :lol2: Will post if I get them done.. :cowboy:

And yes, Mooey Christmas to you as well :santa: ..

hillsdown":27x3fm2s said:
Ahhhhh what a cute pic.. :)

I want to do one with Angel and Apple (Holstein mon and daughter) and maybe Stormy and Maggie (my beef bb's this year).. Hubby thinks it's "wrong" to put a Santa hat on a cow/calf..We'll see ,if he's not around then he has no say.. :p Plus they are my cows ,... :lol2: Will post if I get them done.. :cowboy:

And yes, Mooey Christmas to you as well :santa: ..
Thanks, my girls are used to being fussed over and I like to think they may enjoy it. I started doing this when our association sold calendar pages and I bought December and wanted to do something festive. Here is the first one I did. They baby in this picture is the girl on the right in my above picture and the one on the left is second from the right here:

HolidayCows.jpg

That one is adorable too. How many takes did you have to do to get them all to look at the camera at the same time. I remember when one of our girls would get photos taken for a semen catalog and it would take three or four hours to get one to cooperate.. and that was with a professional taking the pics :lol2:

No problem, love to show off the girls. I admit to being a bit OCD with my cows.
It really didn't take too long to actually get the picture, what took the longest was to figure out how to get all four of them tied so they were facing me. I decided to run a rope from the pole at the fenceline where there is a shared waterer and to the sweep. I had the big girl tied and then ducked under to get the next one and she started to push and I thought she was gonna take out the pole! So I decided she had to be tied to the sweep corner then put her daughters in line next to her, they didn't seem to mind at all. I clicked quick cuz I sure didn't want them to all decide to push foward at the same time, I think that could have been a wreck so good thing they are each spoiled rotten and stood there admiring how cute they each looked in their hats. The calf didn't have a hat because the deadline was September first and I only had three hats and no way in heck could I find another hat for her in August, so I made up a wreath of flowers and baby's breath for her head, can't see it very good but she really looked quite stunning! I have since invested in some extra hats as it is now expected that I will buy the December page each year!

Another pic to share:

OhBabySaneMonsterJr_.jpg

I probably should think about getting some shopping done.... but much cozier right here in front of the computer.... :santa:

Thanks! Hope everyone has a great holiday season. Finally did go and did my shopping last night. Pushed snow most of today, getting more of it now... How many more days is it until Spring??

Latest posts