merles prediction

Help Support CattleToday:

I gotta tell you, when I hear those oldies I start thinking of times past when I was the "Wild One". Most of this modern Country Music does not hold a candle to the good country music of the past. Thanks for the posts.
Tom.

When asked about new country acts, George Jones once said something to the effect that you can start smelling pimple cream about 30 miles outside of Nashville. George, Merle, Johnny Cash, and those that preceded them could sing about the hard times and the good times, and you believed them. They have/had that something in their voices that let you know that when they sang about it, they understood it. Unless it's a drinking song, you don't get that conviction from the new ones! :tiphat: to real country singers and those who still like what they had to say!

IGotMyWings":2vs3c4ja said:
When asked about new country acts, George Jones once said something to the effect that you can start smelling pimple cream about 30 miles outside of Nashville. George, Merle, Johnny Cash, and those that preceded them could sing about the hard times and the good times, and you believed them. They have/had that something in their voices that let you know that when they sang about it, they understood it. Unless it's a drinking song, you don't get that conviction from the new ones! :tiphat: to real country singers and those who still like what they had to say!
Well Said !!!! :)

When in my teen years I listen to elvis,buddy holly,carl perkins,everley bros,all those rock and roll singers.
Just too many to list.My dad hated them and said they couldnt carry a tune even if they had a five gallon bucket to carry it in.
Different times and different generation. I know just how he felt trying to make sence out of this so called country nowdays and that stuff called rap that my grandkids listen to just aint gonna get it for me.
Merle was always a good singer in my book.
If it aint old time country or 50's and 60's rock I don't care to hear it.

Cal

Calman":2ay1ek3v said:
When in my teen years I listen to elvis,buddy holly,carl perkins,everley bros,all those rock and roll singers.
Just too many to list.My dad hated them and said they couldnt carry a tune even if they had a five gallon bucket to carry it in.
Different times and different generation. I know just how he felt trying to make sence out of this so called country nowdays and that stuff called rap that my grandkids listen to just aint gonna get it for me.
Merle was always a good singer in my book.
If it aint old time country or 50's and 60's rock I don't care to hear it.

Cal
Yup, what you said. But you left out the killer!

Wait now you folks forgot Willie. Willie was being interviewed about being a song writer and how to be successful at it. His reply, First you need to hire the meanest jew lawyer you can find to represent you.

Latest posts