Memorial Day

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
How many people when they are out on the lake or Bar -B -Qing today really stop and think why they are off work today, what our parents,grandparents and great grandparents went through to keep this country safe. I think every high school student be required to watch actual documentry film of WW 1 and WW 2 to understand what they went through, each time I watch I put myself in their place and it brings out deep feelings. Do people really appreciate the freedom we have or do to many of us take it for granted and do not realize how easily it can be taken from us. Today stop and remember all the fallen hero's and the ones who survived also the ones who serve this country today who have kept this country safe.

Also don't forget the ones, POW's and MIA's, that did not make it home either. The fate of the fallen is known but some of the others I feel leave some families without closure. One was brought home here recently after 58 years and laid to rest.

Those who served have paid a price one way or another and without them we would be living a different life.
Thanks to all the people who have served and their families. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I watched the Band of Brothers marathon on the history channel last weekend. Its just incredible how much our veterans endured. I liked the Battle of the Bulge the most.

Walt