Memorial Day

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Next Monday will be Memorial Day from what I am seeing of the young peoples education , public school and college how many know why we celebrate the day.

You are correct... most people do not know! It's pretty simple if someone would just think about the name "Memorial" Day! Being a veteran, it always amazes me when people don't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. This weekend is set aside to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to their country. Veterans day is to remember all those who served!

TN Cattle Man":2epmr7iy said:
You are correct... most people do not know! It's pretty simple if someone would just think about the name "Memorial" Day! Being a veteran, it always amazes me when people don't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day. This weekend is set aside to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to their country. Veterans day is to remember all those who served!

I'm having this very discussion with one of the deacons at my church. They want to recognize all the veterans this Sunday and I refused to go along with being recognized. When they pushed and asked why, I just told them "I ain't dead and if you want me to stand in the front you can do it in November. You wouldn't observe Easter on Christmas Day would you?"

I had to explain the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans' Day to my husband tonight. He was ready to recognize all the veterans at church, too. He should know,as he is a veteran. Guess it was another senior moment.
I doubt students know the difference. They were taught, but it just was not important enough to remember.

Latest posts