Meet Robert

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
MDGC0010-3.jpg

its a pear. thats a pear tree on the right although it looks like a pine in the pic.

We have 2 distinctly different types aorund here. One type is long legged and narrow bdied the other has little stubby legs and is really wide. Comparing them is like the difference between a Holstein and a well buil beefer.

time and date is right. ive seen him around before. got another pic of him later.
MDGC0347.jpg

Well being raised in the woods of tennessee, and spending a life time in the woods, I will never understand the desire to kill things, to hang on the wall....Kill to eat, kill to defend, I will kill to protect....But trophy hunters , bottom dwellers.. I seen maybe a dozen of these cat in a life time, I like them alive more than dead....

alftn":2usca05u said:
Well being raised in the woods of tennessee, and spending a life time in the woods, I will never understand the desire to kill things, to hang on the wall....Kill to eat, kill to defend, I will kill to protect....But trophy hunters , bottom dwellers.. I seen maybe a dozen of these cat in a life time, I like them alive more than dead....
The reason I like them hanging on the wall is it is better than them getting my calves had them take 3 last yr and yes I am over run with them
I ain't a trophy hunter I kill them to keep them from hurting my income

Can someone tell exactly what that kitty is?

We have bobcats around here and I hear one every year or so but have not seen one in twenty years.

Last time I saw one it didn't look like that with the spots and the one I saw looked a bit smaller and more compact.

Some folks are saying we have cougars around here now and there have been a few photos in some of the local papers, but I have no first hand knowledge.

pdfangus":sfvml6er said:
Can someone tell exactly what that kitty is?

We have bobcats around here and I hear one every year or so but have not seen one in twenty years.

Last time I saw one it didn't look like that with the spots and the one I saw looked a bit smaller and more compact.

Some folks are saying we have cougars around here now and there have been a few photos in some of the local papers, but I have no first hand knowledge.

I've seen quite a few bobcats around here, some smaller than that one and one in particular that made that one look like a kitten. The large one I saw had no spots, males sometimes do not display the same color patterns as females.

I'm wondering if the last pic is Robert. Even if he matured over the last couple of months and put on some weight, his pattern seems different-hard to tell from pics. What do your other pics say Beefy???

We have lots of bobcats here, also lots of red and grey foxes. Two years ago we had a female bobcat have a litter in the culvert under our drive where it meets the main road. At night the kittens would come out and play with the bugs under the nightlite. Seems like everyday for a week there would be a different one flattened in the road. Though I don't know if they are two distinct breeds, there are spotted cats and solid color cats in this area. I've heard some of the older folks call the solid colored ones, "sand cats".

alisonb":2jy8wu4y said:
I'm wondering if the last pic is Robert. Even if he matured over the last couple of months and put on some weight, his pattern seems different-hard to tell from pics. What do your other pics say Beefy???
I thought they were all Robert

dun":1zfoplt3 said:
I thought they were all Robert
If you call all bobcats Robert what do you call a lynx? :)

I thought it would be interesting to know if it was the same 'Robert' visiting each time.

Latest posts