Medicine for cow with with 2 front quarters swollen 4 days a

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a cow (7 year old Hereford)that had her calf weaned about 4 days ago. She has her two front quarters inflamed (maybe mastitis). Should I give her a shot of LA200 or is there some other drug or something because she is supposed to be drying up. By the way, she weaned a 650# bull, which might account for her over abundance of milk. Any help will be appreciated.<p>Thanks in advance,<p>Harry<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

If I'm not mistaken, the best way to treat mastitis is by putting the medicine directly into the udder. I've got a 6yr old jersey that calved in jan. i couldn't get her to let down her milk (more than about a pint a day) LOL, so i called the vet. he suggested some medicine for mastitis that you put into the udder via the teats. I can't remember what it was called, but it was for lactating cows. There is some meds for dry cows also. I'd call my local vet if I were you and see what he suggests.<br>hope this helps. I'm sure others on this board with more experience can be of more help.<br>
<br>

(User Above)":1qkp9vjk said:
: If I'm not mistaken, the best way to treat mastitis is by putting the medicine directly into the udder. I've got a 6yr old jersey that calved in jan. i couldn't get her to let down her milk (more than about a pint a day) LOL, so i called the vet. he suggested some medicine for mastitis that you put into the udder via the teats. I can't remember what it was called, but it was for lactating cows. There is some meds for dry cows also. I'd call my local vet if I were you and see what he suggests.<br>: hope this helps. I'm sure others on this board with more experience can be of more help.<p>Tim,<br> I really appreciate the reply. Your answer is exactly what my vet said <br>, as I called him after I posted this message.<p>Harry
<br>

[email protected]

Harry,<br>Glad I could be of some help. Good luck with your cow. Let me know how she does.<p>: Tim,<br>: I really appreciate the reply. Your answer is exactly what my vet said <br>: , as I called him after I posted this message.<p>: Harry<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts