Medicine advertising....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Seems every time I watch TV anymore it is bombarded with advertising to tell your doctor to prescribe this medicine. The side effects sound awful. Does anybody like watching and listening to this? I use to like to watch the 6p news, but I think they target that time to advertise more medicine.

jltrent":3du0dgek said:
Seems every time I watch TV anymore it is bombarded with advertising to tell your doctor to prescribe this medicine. The side effects sound awful. Does anybody like watching and listening to this? I use to like to watch the 6p news, but I think they target that time to advertise more medicine.
And you can sue for those side effect a couple years later......

I know what you mean. In some cases it sounds like the side effects are worse than the symptoms they claim to cure.

Rafter S":1syedlbe said:
I know what you mean. In some cases it sounds like the side effects are worse than the symptoms they claim to cure.
I think the same way.

Use to be the main thing advertised were vehicles, now it's drugs.

A couple of years ago Jay Leno took a TV commercial advertising a drug, and had a clock to time it. There was 12 seconds of information about the "medicine" and 48 seconds detailing the after effects.

you don't make money if people think they're healthy.. you gotta make them at least think they're sick, so they'll buy medication to cure it, and buy more medication to manage the side effects

Nesikep":1ga9sqn2 said:
you don't make money if people think they're healthy.. you gotta make them at least think they're sick, so they'll buy medication to cure it, and buy more medication to manage the side effects
Years ago, and old doctor told me, that if he had no ethics and really wanted to get rich, he'd invent an ailment with the following parameters:

1. No definitive test to confirm it's presence.
2. No known definitive cause.
3. No known cure but plenty of pharmaceutical treatments for it's 'symptoms'.
4. Predominantly affects or only affects women over 25-30 years old.
5. Give it a fancy but non-descriptive name.
6. No specific but rather a wide and varied range of generic symptoms.

I suspect he has died of old age by now, but evidently, there have been plenty of other doctors that didn't have his moral and ethical standards, if all the relatively new ailments ending with the words 'disorder' ''syndrome', 'complex' and other 'diseases of exclusion' are any indication..

My mother has two books, One in french, one in german
The german one is "Dr Allesgut" (or Doctor All Is Well).. a doctor who said everyone was doing just fine
The french book is of a "new" doctor (Dr Knock) coming to a town that had a doctor like Allesgut.. and he started to REALLY question people.. Are you SURE you don't have any aches and pains? No sniffles, etc.. He became very rich!

jltrent":39573g1u said:

I don't watch the news at all anymore as I don't believe any of the garbage.
Watch very little tv as well ethical I can't stomach much of it.
The masses have been indoctrinated and are following like lemmings.

jltrent":347mulf7 said:
jl just keep watching....usually about 5-10 minutes after the medicine ad there will be an ad from a law firm just chomping at the bits to sue the a$$ off these medicine companies. :lol: :lol: :cry2:

At least once an hour we see this guy on TV...
mqdefault.jpg

Caustic Burno":3244l67s said:
TexasBred":3244l67s said:
greybeard":3244l67s said:
At least once an hour we see this guy on TV...
mqdefault.jpg

Dam he's on up here too. Pretty regular.

Used to be Loncar the strong arm all the time as well. If I remember right he OD.
True....his daughter either committed suicide or took an overdose (same thing) then he OD'd not too many days later.