Medicare

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I turn 65 this summer and as such I need to sign up for Medicare. I know that. My issue is that I have been getting bombarded by insurance companies trying to sell me part B, C, D, E, F, G, and He77. Nice color brochures explaining that I need to sign up but no details. Most of them say that it "may" be free. Good, free sign me up. I even had one outfit call me. I told the guy that I wanted details. He said he could do that. I never heard from them again. I still have over 4 months to my birthday so it is not something I have to do right now but I hate to do like Obama care and pass the bill so I can find out the details. I know there are others here who have dealt with this. What is your take?

Dave":1qs56a3r said:
I turn 65 this summer and as such I need to sign up for Medicare. I know that. My issue is that I have been getting bombarded by insurance companies trying to sell me part B, C, D, E, F, G, and He77. Nice color brochures explaining that I need to sign up but no details. Most of them say that it "may" be free. Good, free sign me up. I even had one outfit call me. I told the guy that I wanted details. He said he could do that. I never heard from them again. I still have over 4 months to my birthday so it is not something I have to do right now but I hate to do like Obama care and pass the bill so I can find out the details. I know there are others here who have dealt with this. What is your take?
All I know is what I've been told. All pay exactly the same from one company to the next per U.S. Law. Only the price may vary. In other words "F" will be the same coverage with any company, same for "G" and so on but price may be considerably different. I think prescription coverage rates depend on what meds you take

And who you can use I am sticking with Medicare as my primary and company insurance is now secondary.
Seen several people get screwed over bad on these other programs until they could get switched over next enrollment period.

Are you also planning to sign up for SS when you turn 65?
The same person that takes your application for SS can sign you up for Part A Medicare & the basics of Part B Medicare, which then means you only will still have to choose a supplement for Part B Medicare and a prescription drug plan (Part D).
Part B Medicare has a premium--about $105/ month.

Part C Medicare is the Medicare Advantage program (usually HMO/PPO)--it's high $ premium but often includes dental and vision.

The brochures you are getting are probably for the supplements--the Plans..
It is the supplements that are confusing. Medicare itself has some deductibles that have to be met each year, and some Plans cover that yearly deductible--or part of it. Some of the plans will cover the 20% that Medicare Basic doesn't cover. You have to chose what you think you will need.
Be careful not to confuse the PLANS A-K of the supplements with the different PARTS of Medicare.
All I can tell you is the main difference is whether you will be pay more for premiums with a smaller out of pocket copay/deductible or less for premiums with a larger copay/deductible.
TB is correct--The Plans A-K are pretty much standardized for each provider--standards are set by Medicare, but can vary state to state for a variety of reasons. Plan F, from what I understand, is higher premium, with better coverage and smaller out of pocket per visit.
Not all plans are exactly identical but close.

Part D prescription drug plans can vary even from zip code to zip code within the same county because of the different drug stores located in each area.

Whether any coverage is free or not depends on your income and whether your state has opted to expand Medicaid to include Obamacare.

M-5":lqagrqsu said:
we need macon to make a "dead pecker Bench" board just for you old farts
If I set down on it somebody would have to help my old a$$ stand back up or I guess I could just spend the night there. :lol2:

Caustic Burno":3n4kciqf said:
M-5":3n4kciqf said:
we need macon to make a "dead pecker Bench" board just for you old farts
I agree sure would be a grouchy bunch with Dave, TB and GB.

Just call me blue steel file :hide:
I bet when you pee it looks like tea it has so much rust in it. :lol: :lol: :hide:

Warnings were on the news in Florida a while ago about you joining a plan that actually takes you out of Medicare and you are soley in their plan for coverage. If you don't like it you then have to re-enroll in medicare and the cost is the penalty for signing up late cost. Many people found this out the hard way.

Neighbor refused to take take out supplement him and wife just have Medicare, he had a stroke a month ago he stayed 3 weeks in rehab facility, now home health comes several times a week.
They say they will not pay anything , what Medicare pays is all they will get. I wonder how this will end.

Workinonit Farm":xbf9gm94 said:
Caustic Burno":xbf9gm94 said:
We have now heard from all the old farts on the board

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nope, not all.............. where's dun? Maybe he's too far gone to get any coverage. :lol: :eek: :hide:
I think maybe he gets some kind of coverage on account of being US Navy on USS Maine when it blew up in Havana harbor right before the Spanish American War.
:lol: :lol:

greybeard":2td9xx86 said:
Workinonit Farm":2td9xx86 said:
Caustic Burno":2td9xx86 said:

Nope, not all.............. where's dun? Maybe he's too far gone to get any coverage. :lol: :eek: :hide:
I think maybe he gets some kind of coverage on account of being US Navy on USS Maine when it blew up in Havana harbor right before the Spanish American War.

greybeard":j22sf4w1 said:
Workinonit Farm":j22sf4w1 said:
Caustic Burno":j22sf4w1 said:

What are you talking about he recieves a confederate pension .
Picture proof

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

Caustic Burno":g5nwkbyj said:
greybeard":g5nwkbyj said:
Workinonit Farm":g5nwkbyj said:

What are you talking about he recieves a confederate pension .
Picture proof

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

He'll be the only man in history to have voted for Lincoln and Trump