meddling govt

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you are correct, I was raised in the city myself, and had numerous jobs, dog sitting, cutting grass, babysitting, from the time I was about 13-14-so yes it does just depend on how you were raised, what your parents put value in, and what you did as well.

It has been said to vote them out and the average person would ignore the person saying it and go on, not any longer. I voted for Todd Young for Congress and I swear he was already in bed with them before he got there. I'll use my vote on another new candidate next go around. A man who owns a local body shop wasn't withholding the proper deductions for child support, county taxes, and wasn't charging sales tax on his services the tax man told him how much he old, they tried to work it out, couldn't, so he layed off his men and turned the business, property, and receivables over to the government and walked away from it. Now how is that for job stimulus.

You could view this as unconstitutional but we have been lulled into thinking all of this is normal as we have gradually given up our rights as citizens. We would not be here today were it not for the fact that over the past seventy-five years, career politicians on both sides have been so busy worrying about re-election that the Congress of the United States has delegated away to some 230 independent regulatory commissions the power to make law, the power to execute the law, and the power to judge law violation. That delegation of governing power from Congress to the unelected heads of the regulatory agencies violates the Constitution, which vests exclusively in Congress the obligation to make law.

We in the agricultural sector are being hit from all fronts. Last year the Food Safety Modernization Act was voted into law. Of course no one really knows what it meant just that it sounded good and it would make food more healthy so it had to be a good bill to vote yes on. Afterall, who would be against good safe food? The FDA is currently working their new tool kit under the guise of this law. Their goal is to establish control over the food from farm to table and if they get their way they will have access to your farm records and will be able to cancel your mandatory farm registration number they will force you to get for the privilege of raising agricultural products.

Here is an example of the FDA exercising its new found power at a greenie store that had the audacity of selling raw milk to people for making cheese and butter. With so many cucumbers and tomatoes that could have been thrown at this group of heroes I can't help but wonder why they didn't have more agents in on the bust. :???:

[youtube]X2jgpGyyQW8[/youtube]

VanC":1uks2sll said:
I think your statement about city kids is crap, too. I was lucky enough to grow up in both worlds. I knew lots of city kids that could outwork anyone on this forum and I knew lots of country kids that were as lazy as anyone. Still do on both counts. Just because someone grew up in the city doesn't mean they don't work hard and just because someone grew up on a farm or ranch doesn't mean they do. It's got more to do with parenting than where a person lives.

How many columbine type events have happened in the country by farm/ranch raised teens? :deadhorse:

No doubt crime happens in the country. Just the types of crime tend to be different. Steeling a tractor and causing havoc doesn't seem the same as a high speed chase going through the city. Know what I mean? :2cents:

Jogeephus":222rv3bd said:
You could view this as unconstitutional but we have been lulled into thinking all of this is normal as we have gradually given up our rights as citizens. We would not be here today were it not for the fact that over the past seventy-five years, career politicians on both sides have been so busy worrying about re-election that the Congress of the United States has delegated away to some 230 independent regulatory commissions the power to make law, the power to execute the law, and the power to judge law violation. That delegation of governing power from Congress to the unelected heads of the regulatory agencies violates the Constitution, which vests exclusively in Congress the obligation to make law.

A good question would be who did you vote for? But then again, which party we/you have voted for isn't the issue. Neither party is watching after Americans anymore.

At this point, if you are either a Rep or Dem, you are the problem and cause. If we don't create a viable third party, we deserve what we get. It is a relative small minority that continue to choose between horse crap and chicken crap. The vast majority of Americans don't vote because there is no one worth voting for.

Congresspeople vote to protect themselves. We are the idiots that put them where they could do so much harm. We need to quit blaming things on any one party. They both suck when viewed by their performances. :hide:

Isomade":2lzztizl said:
Next thing you know they will be taking 40% or more out of our checks in taxes.....never mind they already are. :bang: :bang:

I miss Ronald Reagan

Best President in my lifetime. NONE of the others come close

Wasn't he the one that first started the rock rolling downhill? It hasn't stopped rolling since. Was American better, stronger and healthier then or now? :hide:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts