Meat

Help Support CattleToday:

To much grain can cause acidosis. So what are you going to eat now?
You could also get alkalosis "a condition in which there is too much base in the body fluids".

Howdyjabo":mc91swur said:
Almost every meal. And I still think its healthy.
There were some really old people here that grew up on fried foods(even the veggies)and hog fat in everything ,along with lots of meat--- didn't seem to hurt them.

Better be careful Howdy. Hog lard and Garrett's snuff took my grandmother out when she was almost 101. :mrgreen:

I believe in the old Anita bryant commercail for OJ. A day without OJ is a day without sunshine. I just replace the OJ with meat!

I ate a salad last night.

lettuce, croutons, cheese and 1/2 jar of Hormel real bacon chips. Saturday night I had steak and the sides were chicken and shrimp.

Manatee steaks are really sweet.
Dolphins have the tastiest meat.
Best of all is the gator tail.
Baby seals are beyond the pale.
Once you start its hard to stop
Seafood is the very top.

Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats.

I prefer my beef rare. My pork medium. My chicken out in the cop laying eggs to go with the bacon from the pig.... or with a rare steak.

I do eat a fair amount of fruit but not so much in the way of veggies.

i love vegetables... but still like theres a empty space in my gut if thats all i eat... we talked the other day about the old days big breakfasts and dinners on the farms.. but thats was when you worked it off in the fields..

I agree with that Dave--ya gotta have a big variety of jelly and jam to go on them buttered biscuits next to the bacon or ham and eggs every morning. A little pineapple on that ham slice rounds out my recommended dietary allowance for fruit and veggies, till suppertime and the potato becomes king of the vegetables.

ALACOWMAN":2810gw4r said:
couple fried eggs, few pieces of fat back. grits and homemade bisquits and gravy.... my heart is a sludge pump... :cowboy:

I'll bet ya my triglicerides kick your triglicerides a$$. I am pushing 400, now thats a meaty diet and i have the proof.

Seriously i watched em spin my blood down in a centrafuge about 20 years ago and the tubes ended up with a head of fat on them.

3waycross":2925ruj0 said:
ALACOWMAN":2925ruj0 said:
couple fried eggs, few pieces of fat back. grits and homemade bisquits and gravy.... my heart is a sludge pump... :cowboy:

I'll bet ya my triglicerides kick your triglicerides a$$. I am pushing 400, now thats a meaty diet and i have the proof.

Seriously i watched em spin my blood down in a centrafuge about 20 years ago and the tubes ended up with a head of fat on them.
Waaayyyy too much material to work with there :shock: :lol:

Latest posts