Meat

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Do we eat too much meat? We know that meat is an acid forming food and eaten in excess causes all kinds of health problem.... so do we just balance it with some alkaline forming food :p . I eat meat once a day, on occasions twice be it chicken, beef, fish etc. Have friends and family that eat meat with every meal. How about you folks?

BTW - Now I know why some of you are so sour :lol: :lol:

alisonb":megr3ojv said:
Do we eat too much meat? We know that meat is an acid forming food and eaten in excess causes all kinds of health problem.... so do we just balance it with some alkaline forming food :p . I eat meat once a day, on occasions twice be it chicken, beef, fish etc. Have friends and family that eat meat with every meal. How about you folks?

You might want to investigate which food group causes smartassness, and cut back on it!!! ;-)

and yes i probably eat too much meat!

Until the last few years I didn't know it was possible to eat a meal without it. I will now, on occasion, eat an all veggie meal.

Other then popcorn, eating anything that doesn;t include meat doesn;t constitute eating.

alisonb":3sowuezc said:

I like poulty, like the African Crested Eagle. Fried. :lol:
I eat a lot of meat. Vegans are a mystery to me.

Almost every meal. And I still think its healthy.
There were some really old people here that grew up on fried foods(even the veggies)and hog fat in everything ,along with lots of meat--- didn't seem to hurt them.

betcha some of the sourest people here don't eat much meat... does that challenge the acid-producing theory?

Actually sometimes I only eat meat for a meal. When I cook up t-bones, that's all I eat for that meal.
Why would I want to water down perfectly good meat with veggies, or bread!?!?

Too much is made of pH in the diet. The body is an amazing machine that isn't given the credit it should. Acid base balance is logarithmic and the amount of substance needed to make a change is immense, and the ability to absorb and neutralize and serious event when it occurs is crazy big. If pH was so easily altered, people wouldn't exist because of the narrow margin that exists for proteins and enzymes to maintain their shape and function.

I like protein. My muscles, enzymes and cellular structures need amino acids. Plus it can be used for energy. I eat meat with just about every meal.

I understand that some people's bodies aren't functioning on all 8 cylinders and special dietary changes are needed. But too much is made of meat in the diet by people trying to save the planet, when really it just needs saved from them. Kinda like Timothy 4:3

sim.-ang.king":4o5gsh0e said:
Actually sometimes I only eat meat for a meal. When I cook up t-bones, that's all I eat for that meal.
Ah, a man after my own heart.

Howdyjabo":rfc8y50r said:
Almost every meal. And I still think its healthy.
There were some really old people here that grew up on fried foods(even the veggies)and hog fat in everything ,along with lots of meat--- didn't seem to hurt them.

It didn't my G-Grandma ate pork chops and eggs everyday got her at 105, all my grandparents made it to late eighties and nineties along with my parents. We had bacon every morning in my house growing up.
The difference was those people actually got up and went to work, nothing is healthy about today's sedentary lifestyle.

In the food chain, those who eat only plants are eaten by others themselves.

Genesis 9:1-3

So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.[a] 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

Just how God intended.

dun":3ti1yuw1 said:
sim.-ang.king":3ti1yuw1 said:
Ah, a man after my own heart.

Well I at least put salt and pepper on mine! :lol:

I have meat with my meals but usually it's just lunch and dinner. Lunch is mostly on the run, so the meat may be a hotdog or a tuna sandwich, etc.

3waycross":mlyadnvt said:
alisonb":mlyadnvt said:

You might want to investigate which food group causes smartassness, and cut back on it!!! ;-)

and yes i probably eat too much meat!

It's gotta be the cereal group - Malt, barley, wheat and rye :p

Commercialfarmer":mlyadnvt said:
Too much is made of pH in the diet. The body is an amazing machine that isn't given the credit it should. Acid base balance is logarithmic and the amount of substance needed to make a change is immense, and the ability to absorb and neutralize and serious event when it occurs is crazy big. If pH was so easily altered, people wouldn't exist because of the narrow margin that exists for proteins and enzymes to maintain their shape and function.

I like protein. My muscles, enzymes and cellular structures need amino acids. Plus it can be used for energy. I eat meat with just about every meal.

I understand that some people's bodies aren't functioning on all 8 cylinders and special dietary changes are needed. But too much is made of meat in the diet by people trying to save the planet, when really it just needs saved from them. Kinda like Timothy 4:3
Too much meat in the diet is known to cause some serious acidosis. You my Dear Sir will disagree with this and say that it is caused by some or other pathological condition.

It is clear to many, I can't see why you don't see it too :hide: :D