me vs the girl scout mommy

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
It's Girl Scout cookie time again. Little bitty box now $5. AND..the mommies are outside walmart selling for the girls. Bought 4 boxes last night (my patriotic duty and my wife's penchant for those mint thins) then got into it with the mommy over a receipt.
"Would you like a receipt?"
Yes please.
"Emailed?"
No.
"Do you have a phone?"
Yes
"Hold it up here"
It's hanging on the wall at home. Paper receipt please. (little girl beside her looks at me strangely..
Mommy: "I can't do that. I don't have paper receipts"
Just write it on the back of the box.
She scrambles in her cash box and has no pen. "I can email it to you."
I say: I don't want to have to keep a digital receipt file for the next 7 years. I thought your girl scout motto was 'Be Prepared'.
Sigh..
Me: Hold my cookies, I'll be right back.
Into Walmart, buy a pen and a book of receipts.
I come out, pick up my 4 boxes of cookies and hand the little girl the pen and receipt book. Point up to my Marine cap. 'Adapt, Improvise, Overcome'.

Get my paper receipt just as a somewhat younger guy behind me says "I can remember when they were 3 dollars a box.".
Me: "I can remember when they were a buck and a quarter and a bigger box and the girls themselves came to your front door on a bicycle and sold the cookies themselves or while mommy waited in the car".
Told the little girl "Just keep the pen. You'll meet a boy soon enough that is going to want your phone number"
Little girl grinned.
Mommy looked at me like I had shot her dog...

I got kicked out of the Brownies for getting lost at camp outs on purpose, eating all the cookies and standing on my head in meetings.

I got kicked out of the Brownies for getting lost at camp outs on purpose, eating all the cookies and standing on my head in meetings.
Sounds like my wife. She nearly got expelled for hanging upside down on the restroom stall door and swinging back and forth. My kind of girl.

As for cookies, they no longer make the sandwich cookies and I'm not into mint.

Sounds like my wife. She nearly got expelled for hanging upside down on the restroom stall door and swinging back and forth. My kind of girl.
Hey, I think I knew your wife.
Little girl on school playground would hang upside down on the monkey bars for a dime. When her Mom found out she admonished her saying don't you know the boys just want to see your underwear? Her reply, "It's ok, I tricked them, I wasn't wearing any." :)

Last edited:
You sound like me at the fair association meeting with the uppity moms. She was trying to justify why parents have to do 4 work days, show up to 2 meetings, plus they charge the kids commission, and I have to secure buyers.

Her last comment was... we try to teach kids real world experience.

Me... If yall were doing a good job no one would ever show up twice. These kids could make more money selling these animals on FB and saving us parents all the headache.

This was in reference to the commercial heifer pens. It's a racket.

because I donate 1/2 of them back to the GS which makes it a charitable tax deductible expenditure.
it's why I bought 4 boxes instead of the 2 my wife asked me to get.

Latest posts