Me And The Wife

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":12gpmu1m said:
Dave":12gpmu1m said:
This is also #1 in my up coming book 101 Reasons Why a Man Should Never Get Married

1. The cost of divorce lawyers

That one goes both ways.

Amen!!!! Ain't that the truth!

Alice

Not to worry Alice and Msscamp, that is my second book. 101 Reasons Why a Woman Should Never Get Married. I think I could make a whole series.

I could do the Women's one first but I just have too much material to work with for the men's one.

Dave

Dave":2zqgy8fh said:
If possible avoid getting the lawyer. Try to get her to agree to a settlement. Start with the idea that the lawyer is going to take money from both of you, so if you can agree to a split there will be more left for the two of you. doing this will take compromise by both of you but you will both come out ahead. Lawyers tend to keep things going. That is how they make their money.
But if she does get a lawyer, immeadeately (I mean today) get the best one you can find.

Dave

This is also #1 in my up coming book 101 Reasons Why a Man Should Never Get Married

1. The cost of divorce lawyers

I got lucky... My ex said she wanted only a few of her personal things. What I didn't know was, when I went to the investments to pay off the maxed off credit cards, the two months of mortgage, and the two years of unpaid property taxes, she had left me with $18 of the investments. On the other hand, I had the house, the boat, truck, car, and best of all, my daughters. Just as the State and bank was getting ready to take the house, the divorce was final and the veteran's adminitration granted my my disability, back dated five years. I got the taxes and mortgage paid off with cash that came in after the divorce was final!

I'd say, if you and your ex can work it out peacefully, do so. If not, get a lawyer fast! If she is the better business person than you, and if you and her can get along in business, why not keep her as a business partner?

My wife and I went through a real rough time, about 7 years into our marriage. My daughter was about 3 years old at the time. My wife wanted to quit the marriage, but I am sorta stubborn and wanted to keep her. I also did not want to have my little girl go through the mill of a divorce and all that goes with it. I have related on here I think about how the drought of 88 wiped me out.
Neither of us handled that very well. My wife wasn't very sure that she wanted to be married to a livestock guy, We were both young and selfish. Which as far as I can tell is the number 1 reason for divorce.
So, I fought to win her back and did by the grace of God. We have been married, my gosh, 22 years now. My daughter graduated this year as class Valdedictorian and got a full ride to college. I have a 14 year old son that is also my pride and joy. I have the greatest wife in the world. We look out for each other and both give a lot. I am so Blessed. And if we would have just called a lawyer, would my girl turned out as she did? I wouldn't have the boy and I wouldn't have the woman that makes me smile every time I see her. I love my life, and I thank God for my blessings. What my experiences were may not apply to anyone else, but I thank God that we worked out our differences and believe me it was rough, but we did. :)

I still want to know about her "putting her nose in my busness" Did she want to sell out,move to town,what?? Were her ideas better,and you can't stand that she's smarter?? Inquireing minds want to know.....

KMacGinley":2mnav0cr said:
My wife and I went through a real rough time, about 7 years into our marriage. My daughter was about 3 years old at the time. My wife wanted to quit the marriage, but I am sorta stubborn and wanted to keep her. I also did not want to have my little girl go through the mill of a divorce and all that goes with it. I have related on here I think about how the drought of 88 wiped me out.
Neither of us handled that very well. My wife wasn't very sure that she wanted to be married to a livestock guy, We were both young and selfish. Which as far as I can tell is the number 1 reason for divorce.
So, I fought to win her back and did by the grace of God. We have been married, my gosh, 22 years now. My daughter graduated this year as class Valdedictorian and got a full ride to college. I have a 14 year old son that is also my pride and joy. I have the greatest wife in the world. We look out for each other and both give a lot. I am so Blessed. And if we would have just called a lawyer, would my girl turned out as she did? I wouldn't have the boy and I wouldn't have the woman that makes me smile every time I see her. I love my life, and I thank God for my blessings. What my experiences were may not apply to anyone else, but I thank God that we worked out our differences and believe me it was rough, but we did. :)

if only a few more marrages could work out like this. My second marrage went on the rocks a few years ago like you we stuck it out, and have now been married 21 years and are now the best of friends, and would not do without one and other.

Sorry to hear about that. I too have been there and done that twice. First was puppy love that grew up and out. Second the dang inlaws just finally got to me and I had a choice to either change my life, thoughts, ways, pursuits, and be like them or get out. I got out.