McHenry Maryland

Help Support CattleToday:

Dakota Dad said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ryder said:
I respect your right to do as you please.
We just see things from different perspectives. :tiphat:

Not entirely, if I found myself in consistently dangerous situations I'd probably carry. As it is I am infrequently in parts of town where a sidearm might be useful.

I have multiple firearms in my home and at the farm in strategic locations. I honestly don't expect to need them but they are there if I do.
If I may, let me ask you this. Do you take your family out to eat at restaurants? Do you go to shopping malls? Maybe even just drive down the road? Go to church? Work in an office? All have been proven to be targets the last few years.
I personally dont trust the general public that much, or feel like waiting for the police while being shot at

I hear ya. You should tote a gun.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Ryder said:
I respect your right to do as you please.
We just see things from different perspectives. :tiphat:

Not entirely, if I found myself in consistently dangerous situations I'd probably carry. As it is I am infrequently in parts of town where a sidearm might be useful.

I have multiple firearms in my home and at the farm in strategic locations. I honestly don't expect to need them but they are there if I do.
I understand.
When I took the concealed carry class the instructor was adamant that we should carry all the time. I don't. It is just too much trouble.
But there are times and places I do. Try to make sure I am never far from being able to "fill my hand" as Rooster said in "True Grit" should the need arise.
I'm thinking of one situation where having it kept me from a possible serious outcome without having to pull the trigger. Just glad I was prepared.

Over 99% of the people that CC won't ever need their gun for self defense. But I see where's there's no replacement for a gun if you need one. To each their own, I'm going to do my best to keep my family and myself out of harms way using any tool possible.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
My son in law has a c-c permit and keeps a gun around all the time. My biggest fear is my 5 year old grandson getting his hands on it and having something horrible happen. Accidents do happen.

That's a fact, I'm a nervous wreak anytime there's kids around.

On this fathers day, I'd like to point out that its a fathers job to teach his kids to respect weapons, remove the mystery, and teach the children. Doing so will remove the fear and apprehension that some have around weapons.

The most pressing need I have for self defense doesn't come from people but from critters that slither across the ground. But I have an open carry shovel for dealing with those.

Back to the OP. I was in Maryland for a week back in '03. Never felt an urge to make a return trip.

True Grit Farms said:
Over 99% of the people that CC won't ever need their gun for self defense. But I see where's there's no replacement for a gun if you need one. To each their own, I'm going to do my best to keep my family and myself out of harms way using any tool possible.

Like the saying goes, and 100 percent accurate...better to have it, and not need it.....than to need it,and not have it............

ALACOWMAN said:
True Grit Farms said:

Like the saying goes, and 100 percent accurate...better to have it, and not need it.....than to need it,and not have it............
I agree 100%, but often, have also felt the same way about toilet paper.

greybeard said:
ALACOWMAN said:
True Grit Farms said:

I have never felt felt I needed to be packing but I have felt a desperate need for toilet paper a time or two....... Well there was that time in Alaska when a Kodiak bear put me up a tree. I was packing but I felt the need for a bigger gun and toilet paper would have come in handy too.

greybeard said:
ALACOWMAN said:
True Grit Farms said:

I normally have a shirt on.

Kenny
Our family vacationed at Deep Creek Lake - McHenry MD area - last summer...both sons & DIL live & work in DC, so it was handy for them to get away to join daughters and wife and me. Rented a nice AirBNB cabin on a quiet little cove.
We had a great time!
Swimming, boating, paddleboarding, hiking, and did a great whitewater raft trip one day. Really nice area, as you saw.
I recommend it heartily...it's very ikely that we'll go back again!

Latest posts