mcdonalds buying fresh U.S. beef

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3nudnovv said:
It could come from rats in Saigon and 99% of the folks eating a big Mac wouldn't know the difference.
Yup... their 'secret' sauce really helps in covering a multitude of sins to make it one of the most popular sellers ever.

common kids..look at the big pic....it might bring more demand for us as producers....geez man idk why I bother..never mind

dieselbeef":3afkaldo said:
common kids..look at the big pic....it might bring more demand for us as producers....geez man idk why I bother..never mind
It's hard to believe this will help anything, when our industry leaders are stand waist high in brazilian, and assuy beef dollars.

dieselbeef":v0shl7r6 said:

I have to try to see the positive also dieselbeef. If Trump has his way it might really mean something positive. One can hope. :nod:

farmerjan":1rrri8jy said:
dieselbeef":1rrri8jy said:

I have to try to see the positive also dieselbeef. If Trump has his way it might really mean something positive. One can hope. :nod:

I took it as a positive, but I sure didn't see where it said US raised beef Gary.

Fast-food burger chain McDonald's this week said it would begin serving up its famous Quarter Pounder burgers with fresh beef in the US starting sometime in the middle of 2018.

They will buy them just as soon as they are driven across the rio grand river. As long as they have a calf when they cross they can stay .. cows will still be wet when they brand them as US beef

sim.-ang.king":rplld10g said:
dieselbeef":rplld10g said:
It's hard to believe this will help anything, when our industry leaders are stand waist high in brazilian, and assuy beef dollars.

I believe that is the biggest obstacle.
Line the pockets of the people making the rules and they will pave the way.

No doubt McDonalds and the other chains sell a crap ton of ground beef, but look at the meat Walmart ( worlds largest grocery supplier) is selling.
I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not domestic other than maybe CAB
They market it as " all natural" " hormone free" and etc.
the consumers is uninformed and buys into the hype or looks at price alone.

It's all about profits
Buy imported beef at deep discounts and retail it a few cents a pound cheaper than the domestic and the competition for huge profits.

Looks at the double meat, double cheese, bacon ranch burgers people are stuffing their face with.

I'd say most don't really care as long as it's taste good much less care where it's raised

BK9954":7g9abqzl said:
Isnt the rule now since COOL has been repealed anything slaughtered here can be labeled US beef. They are shipping in live brazilian cattle by the boatload. I dont see how this is going to help us at all. If they said they would start selling prime, grass fed certified black angus steaks on their big macs I might raise an eyebrow.

Would you happen to have the source that shows we are bringing in ''live cattle'' from Brazil? :???:

BK9954, any substantiation on your assertion about live imports from Brazil? Didn't think so. Have any of you ever looked at the other side of this equation? This is about them importing high quality beef from the U.S and in exchange we import hamburger. Check out the latest figures on percent of U.S. beef grading choice or better. Pretty high percentage and It has to go somewhere because it is way more than we as a country can consume at today's retail prices. Look at last month's issue of Drovers for percent values of choice or better. We buy low dollar beef from Brazil and they buy high dollar beef from us, that's the trade off and it works in the favor of the United States.

ga.prime":3s77mtoq said:
BK9954, any substantiation on your assertion about live imports from Brazil? Didn't think so. Have any of you ever looked at the other side of this equation? This is about them importing high quality beef from the U.S and in exchange we import hamburger. Check out the latest figures on percent of U.S. beef grading choice or better. Pretty high percentage and It has to go somewhere because it is way more than we as a country can consume at today's retail prices. Look at last month's issue of Drovers for percent values of choice or better. We buy low dollar beef from Brazil and they buy high dollar beef from us, that's the trade off and it works in the favor of the United States.
G.A prime, I stand corrected. This is the article I read, I misunderstood it to say it was live cattle. http://www.northernag.net/AGNews/AgNews ... razil.aspx
Hope you are right about the prices, we all need it. But let me say the way you started your statement was pretty rude. Life is too short. YOU ARE TOO COOL.

sorry I bothered all ya know it alls..ya know this place is getting to be all about ''what I think'' and not crap about reality or the possibility of it...never mind the facts..im out..

Double meat, double cheese, extra bacon, synthetic liquid cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, deep fried with large fries and diet drink, 50 pounds over weight, diabetic with high cholesterol .
Really think they care obout the country of origin.

You ever tried to find fast food that isn't unhealthy ?
Not healthy but just not unhealthy.
It doesn't exist.

The opposite end of the spectrum is the educated, all organic, hormone free, antibiotic free, all natural, sustainable group. They buy in to all the hype and marketing bs are totally ignorant and don't realize it. Just young and gullible.

But it doesn't make me a shyt
Just leave me alone and I'll return the favor

A burger from a fast food joint can contain beef from a dozen or more cattle. At least that is something I read not long ago and I pretty much believe it.

Latest posts