Reaction score
... but I like him.

At about a month to 6 weeks old

0917top1-1.jpg

Just before weaning, no creep, just milk and grass

09173m.jpg

unfortunately the good grass in the previous pic didn't last long

IMG_5434.jpg

At 11 months shortly after coming from test.

091711m.jpg

He'll probably turn out better, at the very least produce some sons that are worth using, that would be more than King Ten has ever done. ;-) :) I really like this bull too, are you planing on using him.

Angus Cowman":256ms9fa said:
send him over and we will breed some BLACK cows with him this fall

I've got higher ambitions for him. ;-)

He'll probably turn out better, at the very least produce some sons that are worth using, that would be more than King Ten has ever done. I really like this bull too, are you planing on using him.

It's still very early to tell for sure, but the plan is to use him on about 15 paternal halfsibs or at the very least use him to clean up on them after AI if I can aquire more of the semen I'm after.

rocket2222":3ggkmgwo said:
He'll probably turn out better, at the very least produce some sons that are worth using, that would be more than King Ten has ever done. ;-) :) I really like this bull too, are you planing on using him.

Now, I think DR Achiever 8403 was a really good son, Paul! But I'll have to admit the rest pale in comparison.

George

KNERSIE":3esa41ep said:
Angus Cowman":3esa41ep said:

What could possibly be any higher than letting him breed black cows I would say that would be the highlight of any hereford bulls career :lol: ;-)

Angus Cowman":9b7yib6h said:
KNERSIE":9b7yib6h said:
Angus Cowman":9b7yib6h said:

What could possibly be any higher than letting him breed black cows I would say that would be the highlight of any hereford bulls career :lol: ;-)
Knersie, he can't help it. He's from Missouri.

Very nice bull. It doesnt even have TMW. :lol:

Is it me or would you say he could use just a tad more broad chested. Or how else would you describe that? That is being picky. You could just about shoot marbles on that bulls back.

JHH":9yec09k7 said:
Very nice bull. It doesnt even have TMW. :lol:

He is a NEW according to Jerry (not enoug white)

Is it me or would you say he could use just a tad more broad chested. Or how else would you describe that? That is being picky. You could just about shoot marbles on that bulls back.

That photo was taken before he was 6 months old, he is OK in the chest, but as you know that is something I am continually working on and I haven't quite reached my goal in that regard yet.

What kind of pedigree and data does he have behind him?

He is pretty much all South African in recent generations, goes back to GK Renegade 5 generations back on the top and 7 on the bottom.
He has done very well on test, haven't reveived the scan results yet, but he indexed 105 for ADG, 103 for FCR and 112 for WW index in his contemporary group of 141 bulls.

Tremendous back in the calf picture. The just before weaning picture shows a bulging right knee and standing close in both front and back. Maybe it's just picture angle. I like the last picture. If I changed anything, I would like to see a little more strength behind the shoulder and little more hind quarter muscle. Do you have a picture from behind?

I would like to see a little more strength behind the shoulder and little more hind quarter muscle. Do you have a picture from behind?

There is plenty of hindquarter muscle, I haven't got a pic from behind, but I'll try and get one.

BTW he is a full sib of this heifer I posted a while back
IMG_5939.jpg

Latest posts