maybe its me..

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was in the grocery store getting lunch and in the fruit section a lady was opening each strawberry and blueberry pack feeling the fruit up then closing the container back. It was really weird so I sat back and switched her go through about 15 containers of each before she put one pack in her cart. maybe its me but I thought her feeling the fruit and then putting back was rather disturbing. I know you are supposedto wash it before eating but day. Is this appropriate fruit selection behavior in a grocery store or does she have no home training? its made me think to myself have I eaten other fruit rubbed my a weird o before.

Definitely just you. You are just weird and ignorant. Ignorant to not be able to recognize the skills of a highly trained government food inspector. Heck, just go to any buffet line and watch those elderly widow women inspect each and every piece of chicken before they find THE ONE that suits their lofty standards. Just watch as they work the ladle in the peas. Taking a large scoop and shaking out two thirds of them to get to the best peas only to have to repeat the process several more times to get their helping of what they judge to be quality peas suitable for their consumption.

Yes I've seen it but I recognize it for what it is. And its always an elderly woman because it takes years of training to get to this high level of food quality prowess. And yes, they are normally widow women since their husbands prayers were answered and the Lord took them away so they wouldn't have to endure the verbal abuse of their shortcomings in not understanding this highly honed skill.

Surly your not that naïve sky to think that last person to touched the fruit was when the farmer packed the container. Her Hands are probably cleaner than the produce room floor or table they were packed on. 99% of the time that strawberry has been handled buy 2 or 3 people in the grocery store. while they do practice hand washing if it hits the floor its given a quick rinse to wash off any debris and put back in the package and on the shelf. This nice nasty world we live in is why everyone is so sick all the time. a body needs germs to build immunity.

Jogeephus":23x6w7lc said:
Definitely just you. You are just weird and ignorant. Ignorant to not be able to recognize the skills of a highly trained government food inspector. Heck, just go to any buffet line and watch those elderly widow women inspect each and every piece of chicken before they find THE ONE that suits their lofty standards. Just watch as they work the ladle in the peas. Taking a large scoop and shaking out two thirds of them to get to the best peas only to have to repeat the process several more times to get their helping of what they judge to be quality peas suitable for their consumption.

Yes I've seen it but I recognize it for what it is. And its always an elderly woman because it takes years of training to get to this high level of food quality prowess. And yes, they are normally widow women since their husbands prayers were answered and the Lord took them away so they wouldn't have to endure the verbal abuse of their shortcomings in not understanding this highly honed skill.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I think we may have went to the same buffet.

M-5":23x6w7lc said:
Surly your not that naïve sky to think that last person to touched the fruit was when the farmer packed the container. Her Hands are probably cleaner than the produce room floor or table they were packed on. 99% of the time that strawberry has been handled buy 2 or 3 people in the grocery store. while they do practice hand washing if it hits the floor its given a quick rinse to wash off any debris and put back in the package and on the shelf. This nice nasty world we live in is why everyone is so sick all the time. a body needs germs to build immunity.

No I know other hands touch it but wasn't expecting to see someone doing it in the store

Reminds me of when I was a young boy. There was an old Italian lady that ran a "Grocery". You could get everything from a homemade ham sandwich, ice cream cone or fresh fruit. I remember one day I was getting an ice cream cone and another gentleman was in the store checking out the peaches. He would pick one up squeeze it, put it down and pick up another and so forth. This did not sit right with the proprietor.

Ms. Joe told him "Mister, If you wanta feela da fruit, feela da coconuts" :banana: :banana:

You would be surprised what you can see in grocery store. Remember there are a lot of teen agers running around with hormones raging. I know I caught several over the years in the produce cooler late at night and they were not shucking corn.

At the buffet here in town they had to put a sign up asking people not to use their hands to pick up food. Seems to me this should be unneccesary as I think the chicken might be too hot to use your bare hands but ....... they didn't put the sign up for nothing.

People amaze me when they really shouldn't. Just think of how stupid the average voter is. Just think for a minute. Then consider there are 50% of the population more stupid than they are. When you look at it this way, nothing should surprise us.

M-5":3hy7u9v2 said:
You would be surprised what you can see in grocery store. Remember there are a lot of teen agers running around with hormones raging. I know I caught several over the years in the produce cooler late at night and they were not shucking corn.

:lol2:

Jogeephus":3hy7u9v2 said:
At the buffet here in town they had to put a sign up asking people not to use their hands to pick up food. Seems to me this should be unneccesary as I think the chicken might be too hot to use your bare hands but ....... they didn't put the sign up for nothing.

People amaze me when they really shouldn't. Just think of how stupid the average voter is. Just think for a minute. Then consider there are 50% of the population more stupid than they are. When you look at it this way, nothing should surprise us.

:lol2:

Latest posts