May photo contest - best meat

Help Support CattleToday:

KAstocker

Reaction score
Alright, folks. May's photo contest will be for the best piece of meat. I would start the thread with a photo, but I will wait a week or two until I cook up a ribeye!

Remember to only vote once. At the end of the month, who's ever photo has the most likes, wins the contest. The winner will receive a million points!

Blood showing in meat I will not eat. I ate with some folks a few days ago who ordered their steak rare as you could see the blood oozing out when they cut it up. I will pass. If I order mine well done and it comes with pink in it I want send back to have cooked more either. I have heard to many stories from folks working in the restaurant business when it comes back for more cooking it gets a big cud added. From the looks of some of these folks working in some of these places I eat at home a lot.

Blood showing in meat I will not eat. I ate with some folks a few days ago who ordered their steak rare as you could see the blood oozing out when they cut it up. I will pass. If I order mine well done and it comes with pink in it I want send back to have cooked more either. I have heard to many stories from folks working in the restaurant business when it comes back for more cooking it gets a big cud added. From the looks of some of these folks working in some of these places I eat at home a lot.
You know that's not actually blood your seeing in a rare steak.

Nesikeps is a little undercooked for me. I like a steak cooked on a very hot open flame grill. A good singe on it and about medium inside..

You know that's not actually blood your seeing in a rare steak.

Nesikeps is a little undercooked for me. I like a steak cooked on a very hot open flame grill. A good singe on it and about medium inside..
I know it did not get hot enough on the inside to kill bacteria and that is enough for me. Food poison is no fun and the red just don't taste good to me the one bite I took before I noticed. Everybody is different. If you watch these cooking shows rare is usually how they prepare. I went to eat with one guy and the waiter ask him how he wanted his meat cooked. He told the waiter cut the head off, wipe its azz and put it on a plate as I about cracked up, but the guy was serious.

Eating pink meat is safe if it's medium-rare. Bacteria primarily resides on the outer surface of the steak and doesn't penetrate to the inside. Any less than Medium rare and you running a big risk.

Personally, I prefer mine Medium with a slightly pink center and a good crust on the outside.

Edit: That only applies to beef and no other meat.

I say it should moo when you poke it with a fork.. as has already been said, the bacteria, if any, is on the outside of the meat.. Burger is a different story
71102727_956248748063409_4277918199980228608_n.jpg

Boy, you just ain't right.

:D:D:D

A friend asked for 2" steaks from a steer he had butchered.
He later said, it was a big mistake. That they were too difficult to cook properly. He said the first couple of times he tried they turned out more like roasts than steaks. And even when he got them to turned out, after the first 2 or 3 bites the rest of the steak got cold and needed to be reheated. He said, "Never Again, they look impressive, but too thick isn't worth it."

Just relaying what he said, I've never had a 2" steak we usually do 1 inch.

Last edited:

Latest posts