may i ask your opinion

Help Support CattleToday:

braunviehnation

Reaction score
i been looking for some good steer show feed right now i am on showmaster grower and tried bryant developer i just switched but how good is showmaster grower

If you don't mind me asking, give me an idea where you're located. Lots of good feeds out there but not all available all over the country.

In our area we have a farmers co-op (of which I work at) try calling or stopping in to see them. They will be extremely helpful on what your budget may be and try and help it be close enought to match your regular routine as well. I usually look for a a 16% sweet feed (dairy feed here) and a 13% beef builder pellet ( also here). W have a 16% show ration I have also used in the past that works really well. They need a lot of protien for muscle but not a lot of fat content. What are you showing? Our local Angus buddies like the dairy feed. I try to let my show calves walk the hills so they build muscle as well. but Lately grazing, even with no rain has not been bad even with horses sharing) Prise the lord, and they are all getting pot bellies even a cup of feed has been to much. Just went straight graze and finally sliming down. Chunky butts one and all.

Latest posts