May '23 Photo Contest, Critters where they don't belong

Help Support CattleToday:

Second to last pic: is that a swather? And, umm, wats the story there...🤨🤨
That was a bad evening.
I'd run that calf outta that hay field twice before. I say it was THAT calf. That guy don't tag nothing. We were cutting wheat hay right next to grass pasture. With nothing but a single hot wire.

By sunset it had gotten dark enough and the hay was tall enough I couldn't get it shut down in time. I cried.....

I never have a camera when I need one. Last week the road was closed because of the flooding up stream. Very little traffic on the road to begin with but with the closure it was down to me and the neighbor. But up the road a couple miles to where it is paved there was two cows laying in the middle of the road chewing their cud. I had to drive around them. They just laid there and never moved. Oh to have the camera.

A goat with a problem. I don't think she liked that fact that I was just taking pictures. She did this twice before I got rid of the goats. They started out as my sons 4H project, but after the divorce I had to take care of them. I kind of miss them, but don't miss the extra work. Cleaning up the goat pens was not any fun. It was also hard to get rid of the babies. Those novelty goat didn't sell all that well.

NCM_0410.JPG

A goat with a problem. I don't think she liked that fact that I was just taking pictures. She did this twice before I got rid of the goats. They started out as my sons 4H project, but after the divorce I had to take care of them. I kind of miss them, but don't miss the extra work. Cleaning up the goat pens was not any fun. It was also hard to get rid of the babies. Those novelty goat didn't sell all that well.

View attachment 30283
I don't know how many times I've had to get one of my neighbors goats unstuck on my way into town.

Attachments

• IMG_20180613_111448 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180613_111448 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Latest posts