May '22 Photo Contest - Ugliest Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Way back when I was first in College there was a woman that rode her bike past the apartments I was living in, damn she had a smoken hot body, but her face was a whole other matter; it looked as if it had spent some time in a hot frying pan. Maybe that is where the term double bagger came from.
In the fall of 1962 University of Texas (Austin) a frat house nominated 19 yr old U of T student Janis Joplin for the Ugliest Man On Campus contest. (She didn't win) but she later said the public humiliation of it drove her into the most anguished depression she had experienced to that point in her life. At this time Janis wrote the song, "It's sad to be alone" "The dusty road calls you, Come Again/The dusty road calls you, come again/ The dusty road calls you. You walk to the end/ It's sad, so sad to be alone." She dropped out of college in December 1962. Young men can behave very foolishly, never taking into account the repercussions it has in other's lives.
Janis Joplin died alone less than 8 years later of a drug overdose.

Last edited:
I guess everyone is ashamed to admit that they have an ugly cow. You know you have at least one and some of you may have a bunch of them. Well, here's my ugly cow, her topline looks like a roller coaster track but she calved unassisted and raised a decent calf that looks better than she does. I can likely get more for the calf than she would bring.

IMG_6247.jpg

I was going to set up the poll tomorrow when I have time. That will give the weekend for everyone to vote.

Surprisingly, not many entries.
I thought this was gonna be a fun one. I KNOW people have cows they don't like, and even if they don't they could post something someone else might think is ugly. All my photos of cattle are in print, so no way to post them.

So no cows? I'll just post a painting.

Attachments

• Sweet Plum Jam .JPG
    Sweet Plum Jam .JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts