May 13, 2009

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
We were supposed to be hauling cows out this morning to got to pasture. Don't think that is going to
happen.

tn_DSC08170.jpg

You can see the truck in the background. I think that is where it shall stay for a few days.
tn_DSC08171.jpg

Yesterday I cut grass and rototilled my trees.....
tn_DSC08169.jpg

I was just asking on Coffee Shop, where's spring?
Did this back in '04, but on the 11th. We had 4 or 6 inches of snow on the ground that morning, it all melted quickly though.
Year without a spring?
Farmers Almanac is forecasting a warmer then normal June and July.

Looks a bit chilly compared to the low 90's we have been having.

Wish we would get some moisture.

FarmGirl10":1ifib67s said:
Brrrr, that looks cold!

I agree. I just checked cows. It's like a sauna out there: 85 degrees and 90% humidity. The only saving grace is a stiff wind from the south. I'll take that over snow this time of year. But the snow is pretty. And it'll melt.

We are supposed to get that this weekend yippee :banana: ..

I posted these pics in the spring of '07 ..

May 23rd (date on pic is wrong as I never reset after changing batteries)..
IMGP0383.jpg

May 24th
IMGP0402.jpg

I am hoping we get that moisture again soon this year except without the power going out. The other thing as well will be it won't take out all the trees as they do not even have leaves on them yet.. :roll:

Well, it is already disappearing. The best part of it all is that there is a chance of thundershowers this afternoon. Then it is supposed to freeze fairly hard tonite. Then hopefully it will warm up.

Frankie":15u6b7nn said:
FarmGirl10":15u6b7nn said:
Brrrr, that looks cold!

I agree. I just checked cows. It's like a sauna out there: 85 degrees and 90% humidity. The only saving grace is a stiff wind from the south. I'll take that over snow this time of year. But the snow is pretty. And it'll melt.
Yesterday, I was out running in my shorts and a tank top thinking how nice the weather was.

That last pic really tells just how much snow you guys got. The cows and calves look like they weathered it well though.. :)

Latest posts