Max price on a Bull for commercial use

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a Hereford bull, he is on the market for sale.
His calves all have been born unassisted, they have narrow shoulders and hips. I have not lost a single calf of his. Gentleman bull. The most approachable from the entire herd. You could sit on his back when he is chewing his cud. I am asking for $ 3000. He could be registered.

Is it too much?
The difference is know him, I have his calves to show, would I pay for a replacement bull like him $3000, absolutely, except I can not find a bull like him. Would I pay more - probably if I trusted the seller.

In my region the price of a bull is : weight x by current auction price.
$3,000 might be fair, it might be too high. I've paid more for younger bulls and I've paid that much for a 3 year old proven bull because I absolutely wanted a Red Angus bull at the time and they are very scarce in my neck of the woods. Where is your operation Camela?

I have a Hereford bull, he is on the market for sale.
His calves all have been born unassisted, they have narrow shoulders and hips. I have not lost a single calf of his. Gentleman bull. The most approachable from the entire herd. You could sit on his back when he is chewing his cud. I am asking for $ 3000. He could be registered.

Is it too much?
The difference is know him, I have his calves to show, would I pay for a replacement bull like him $3000, absolutely, except I can not find a bull like him. Would I pay more - probably if I trusted the seller.

In my region the price of a bull is : weight x by current auction price.
How old is he? If he's 5 or under, you're not asking too much if he's a proven good bull that checks all the boxes. If he's older, I wouldn't give more than $500 over slaughter, so probably $2250 ballpark, but that's me. I personally like to find 3-4 y/o bulls that are proven, just hate to buy too old for too much money. Too narrow a window of opportunity to recoup a larger investment.

How old is he? If he's 5 or under, you're not asking too much if he's a proven good bull that checks all the boxes. If he's older, I wouldn't give more than $500 over slaughter, so probably $2250 ballpark, but that's me. I personally like to find 3-4 y/o bulls that are proven, just hate to buy too old for too much money. Too narrow a window of opportunity to recoup a larger investment.

4 years.
If I could keep him I would. If I could find a similar one is would pay for piece of my mind. But he has to go. He has been very good for me.
I am to busy to chase every pregnant cow or heifer.

4 years.
If I could keep him I would. If I could find a similar one is would pay for piece of my mind. But he has to go. He has been very good for me.
I am to busy to chase every pregnant cow or heifer.

Latest posts