Massive chicken and raw meat recall due to ecoli in corn flower.

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":11ohc1i6 said:
TexasBred":11ohc1i6 said:
inyati13":11ohc1i6 said:
Corn flour, wheat flour. The concept is the same. LC has provided a service by reporting on a recall of meat. Why the animosity?

Because "corn flour" is in affect "Corn Starch". Do you put a coating of corn starch on your fried chicken??

I put my chicken in a crock pot. Cook it until the meat falls off the bone. Pull the bones out. Pour in some water, add cream cheese, mushrooms and noodles. Cook for another 3 hours. I can eat for a week on that.

You got a point Richard. :D
Yeah.,..corn is not involved.

My apology to y,ll
Some of you brought my attention to "flower instead of "flour", which really got me thinking and I distinctly remember doing a cut and paste from FB. But as in most cases of FB I can no longer find it.
So I strongly suspect some special interest group ( anti GMO ) used this recall as propaganda to damage the corn industry by inserting " corn flower " As can not find anywhere else where anyone says " corn" or " flower ". All reported stories and USDA only refer to " FLOUR" with no grain identified.
So everything about this recall is fact except for it being caused be " corn flower ( flour ".
Here is another write up of the recall with no mention of corn "flower".
And that's what I get for believing anything you or I read of FB.
Sorry for the confusion.

IMO, the biggest threat of E.coli this year was back in March with asparagus sprouts from Jack & The Green Sprouts of River Falls, Wisconsin. This was a scary event and had me sitting on the porcelain thrown while on the phone feverishly talking to my broker trying to buy up Charmin TP stock and expecting to be plagued with the bloody scours at any moment. Yet it never made the news nor was there any fear mongering on CT.

One would think being a member of the Whole Earth Market Co-Op and all, this product would not have been tainted with e-coli. Especially something like bean sprouts which we all gorge ourselves on at every meal. Of course as with the other recall, the CDC recommends actually cooking them. Cooking them like you would a chicken spring roll! How can one be holistic if one is expected to actually cook their sprouts? Its a wonder we are not all dead.

I bet they really recalled the chicken because they found out the chickens all had Red saddles.

But they're trying to cover it up!

Jogeephus":3qy6nr14 said:
One of those GMO birds I guess
Do note, that Rex Goliath is 'free range' Jo--sez so right on the label. (Not a bad wine either from my 'somewhat' limited experience--and yes, I realize it's actually a rooster, but a rooster that really existed)

6a00d4142121106a4700e398b0893e0005.jpg

3773498752_266385e5fa_m.jpg

well..maybe not..

Latest posts