Massive chicken and raw meat recall due to ecoli in corn flower.

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle

Reaction score

The problem was discovered when a supplier notified Kabob's Acquisition, Inc. that flour sold to the establishment was recalled by General Mills due to possible association with a multi-state Escherichia coli O121 illness outbreak. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these Kabob's Acquisition, Inc. products. 
General Mills' recall can be found at: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm509693.htm

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/bu ... /86882368/

Escherichia coli is usually associated with the meat not the flour. I am assuming the meat was recalled because the meat was breaded with the contaminated flour.

E. coli is probably the most studied species of bacteria on the planet. Lots of genetic studies use E. coli.

inyati13":2ubai0f4 said:
Escherichia coli is usually associated with the meat not the flour. I am assuming the meat was recalled because the meat was breaded with the contaminated flour.

E. coli is probably the most studied species of bacteria on the planet. Lots of genetic studies use E. coli.
Both statements are true!

What about the animal feeds that were made from corn from the same corn silo the flour corn came from??
Was that recalled ?Was the remaining corn in that silo condemned?
I think NOT!

ga.prime":jf5a0rwe said:
Animals don't get sick from E. coli. You ever think about that, LC?

Like heII. One of the causes of calf scours is E. Coli.

Man is an animal, some strains of E. coli will knock your socks off.

Edit to add:

ScourGuard 4KC is for the vaccination of healthy, pregnant cows and heifers as an aid in preventing diarrhea in their calves caused by bovine rotavirus (serotypes G6 and G10), bovine coronavirus, enterotoxigenic strains of Escherichia coli having the K99 pili adherence factor, and Clostridium perfringens type C.

inyati13":3omyv9ib said:
ga.prime":3omyv9ib said:
Animals don't get sick from E. coli. You ever think about that, LC?

Like heII. One of the causes of calf scours is E. Coli.

Man is an animal, some strains of E. coli will knock your socks off.

Edit to add:

ScourGuard 4KC is for the vaccination of healthy, pregnant cows and heifers as an aid in preventing diarrhea in their calves caused by bovine rotavirus (serotypes G6 and G10), bovine coronavirus, enterotoxigenic strains of Escherichia coli having the K99 pili adherence factor, and Clostridium perfringens type C.
Looks like you know a few more things on this subject than I do. Man is an animal, I knew that much.

LCCattle":cgf8jm4x said:
What about the animal feeds that were made from corn from the same corn silo the flour corn came from??
I think NOT!
I don't ever recall corn being a source of E.Coli.

LCCattle":gt49yo0k said:
I think NOT!

Be overkill. Protecting humans is a prioity over protecting cattle in our culture.

Ponder the pathways for exposure of cattle to E. coli. They eat in the same pasture where they defecate just as a starter.

inyati13":2il9eq7i said:
LCCattle":2il9eq7i said:
I think NOT!

Be overkill. Protecting humans is a prioity over protecting cattle in our culture.

Ponder the pathways for exposure of cattle to E. coli. They eat in the same pasture where they defecate just as a starter.
Don't know how O121 could cause problems to cattle, since it's already in their small intestine.

inyati13":12w4fivt said:
Kinda what I was saying there, genius. Same true of chickens and hogs. Don't know of any humans eating animal feed.

LCCattle":i9h33ple said:

The problem was discovered when a supplier notified Kabob's Acquisition, Inc. that flour sold to the establishment was recalled by General Mills due to possible association with a multi-state Escherichia coli O121 illness outbreak. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these Kabob's Acquisition, Inc. products. 
General Mills' recall can be found at: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm509693.htm

According to some I've been having a problem recently with reading comprehension. Can you help me out and show me where anywhere in this it says "Corn Flower"???? I sure thought Gold Medal flour was made from wheat. Thanks for the help.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
How the -ell did I do that? Must be that dam auto word selector. Make that corn " FLOUR".

ga.prime":1ffssl04 said:
inyati13":1ffssl04 said:
Kinda what I was saying there, genius. Same true of chickens and hogs. Don't know of any humans eating animal feed.

Well, say what you mean. ;-)

Escherichia coli is a ubiquitous fecal bacteria. Bacteria evolve rapidly and E. coli has evolved strains that are pathogenic. That was my point. You stated that E. coli does not make animals sick. I thought that is what you meant.

inyati13":30qtpqw4 said:
Corn flour, wheat flour. The concept is the same. LC has provided a service by reporting on a recall of meat. Why the animosity?

When you post half-truths, lies, contradictions, and opinions stated as facts - on a consistant basis - you are going to receive some animosity.

LCCattle":3uaxy3xc said:
Massive chicken and raw meat recall due to ecoli in corn flour.

inyati13":34nlq9gh said:
Corn flour, wheat flour. The concept is the same. LC has provided a service by reporting on a recall of meat. Why the animosity?

Because "corn flour" is in affect "Corn Starch". Do you put a coating of corn starch on your fried chicken??

TexasBred":1s2udyda said:
inyati13":1s2udyda said:

Because "corn flour" is in affect "Corn Starch". Do you put a coating of corn starch on your fried chicken??

I put my chicken in a crock pot. Cook it until the meat falls off the bone. Pull the bones out. Pour in some water, add cream cheese, mushrooms and noodles. Cook for another 3 hours. I can eat for a week on that.

You got a point Richard. :D

Just a guess, but since these seem to be breaded and frozen foods and E.Coli is killed when exposed to heat between 130-160F I bet those spring rolls would be mighty tasty once they emerged from some hot peanut oil.