Massie 35

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
Finally the ground dried enough to plough the garden. Still a little wet but oh so thankful. And yes, I was a little trigger happy with the camera yesterday. It was a beautiful November day for Manitoba. Could not resist.

IMG_0695.jpg

Ploughing right beside a bee hive in the yard.
IMG_0696.jpg

Knersie, yes the European bee is much quieter than the African bee. Some queen breeders select for some degree of gentleness as well.
Thanks on the dirt comments. Our soil is very clay like. Very dense. It has taken alot of work, 15 years, to get the garden that way. All the grass clippings, all the raked leaves and some well rotted manure. I dunno why, but every few years, rather than tilling the garden in the fall, I like to have it ploughed. The garden seems to do better with the occasional ploughing...maybe it's all in my head :eek:

rockridgecattle":1w65cpdt said:
Knersie, yes the European bee is much quieter than the African bee. Some queen breeders select for some degree of gentleness as well.
Thanks on the dirt comments. Our soil is very clay like. Very dense. It has taken alot of work, 15 years, to get the garden that way. All the grass clippings, all the raked leaves and some well rotted manure. I dunno why, but every few years, rather than tilling the garden in the fall, I like to have it ploughed. The garden seems to do better with the occasional ploughing...maybe it's all in my head :eek:

That really does not look "clay like". I have some clay soils, and they look nothing like that.
That looks very organic, probably from all the manure.

Latest posts