massey ferguson 124 square baler

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with a massey ferguson 124 square baler? We really don't have much use for a square baler but I ran across this one and the price is right... It is in decent shape and the amount of bales that I plan to bale just doesn't justify buying a new one. Your inputs are appreciated.

Neighbor had one. Put up a number of bales with it together. Probably should have bought it at his auction and sold my NH 273. He did not maintain it much, other than putting in a shed, and had very few problems, compared to my NH. I know if I was to buy a new square baler, it would be MF/Hesston. They are crude in appearance, but simpler than the NH in my mind.

All depends what a good deal is in a square baler. They rarely go above a few hundred dollars here. I think the neighbor's was $200. You can't pay people enough to put up squares here.

Aaron":3sjdjb28 said:
Neighbor had one. Put up a number of bales with it together. Probably should have bought it at his auction and sold my NH 273. He did not maintain it much, other than putting in a shed, and had very few problems, compared to my NH. I know if I was to buy a new square baler, it would be MF/Hesston. They are crude in appearance, but simpler than the NH in my mind.

All depends what a good deal is in a square baler. They rarely go above a few hundred dollars here. I think the neighbor's was $200. You can't pay people enough to put up squares here.
Here, you can't find anyone to pay...