Massey 390

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have a friend who is selling a Massey 390. Only 3,700 hours. A good solid tractor. Priced right. The only problem is no loader. It had a loader on it before, the frame, joy stick, etc are there. Just no loader. I asked at a local dealer and they want nearly as much for a loader as the tractor will cost. I think it is a great deal on the tractor but the cost of the loader might ruin the deal. Any ideas on a used loader and where one might be found?

Dave":121d4nee said:
I have a friend who is selling a Massey 390. Only 3,700 hours. A good solid tractor. Priced right. The only problem is no loader. It had a loader on it before, the frame, joy stick, etc are there. Just no loader. I asked at a local dealer and they want nearly as much for a loader as the tractor will cost. I think it is a great deal on the tractor but the cost of the loader might ruin the deal. Any ideas on a used loader and where one might be found?

No ideas, but I bought a Massey 451 back a few short years ago. It was a bargain, but no loader. I was patient, and cross referenced every loader I saw posted anywhere. Took about 6 months. I found one for $1200 that would work.

Watch cl and sort through that mess. And auction zip here at a sale they always seprate them at sale. I would rather buy that way have a tractor and no loader than a loader and no tractor

Do you have any used part equipment dealers around? There are 2 within about 1/2 hour of me and they both have probably a dozen loaders sitting in the lot at any given time. Or maybe find an old worn out tractor with a loader and buy it just for the loader. Otherwise, I agree that the cost of a new loader is pretty steep.

I think most Masseys have similar mounts.. perhaps finding one from another tractor would work?
Otherwise, if the frame and everything is there, I'd get some steel and fab up the arms myself.. I'd do a better job of it than most factory loaders.. bucket I'd probably be able to find at an auction or something.
We were looking for one for our IH684, they were in the $2K range

Dave":1c9rvnxe said:
Any ideas on a used loader and where one might be found?

You will also need a factory or a custom set of mounting brackets.

There are enough used loaders around here, but many are welded up. The most common used loader sources are closed diaries, or surviving diaries that have switched over to skid steers. You can get an unwelded one for $1000 to 1500 if you are at the right sale.

So call a local auctioneer, and someone connected with local dairies.

Latest posts