Massey 1745 Round Baler

Help Support CattleToday:

JDsafeman

Reaction score
I have been searching these threads (lots of good info, thanks guys) and I thought that I had decided on a MF 1745 Baler. This is a 4x5 and sounds perfect for my personal needs (no commercial baling).
I called the local dealer and they said they had one in stock for $13,600 and had zero percent financing for 48 months. Sounded like a pretty good deal. Went to the dealership this morning, looked over the baler and spoke with a salesman. Sat down at his desk and he said the price AFTER rebates was $17,495. When I told him that the price given to me on the phone was $13,600 he said there was no way they could sell them for that.

It was after closing time by the time I got back home so I have not been able to contact any other dealers to compare pricing. Was the $13,600 just a bogus price? Does anyone have any information on what I should be paying for a MF/Heston 1745?

I should mention that I was also looking at their 9' disc cutter. After the shock of hearing the price of the baler I never even asked the price for the disc cutter.

I would like to buy local, the next dealer is not very close.

Yes, I saw that one. The prices are all over the place. I am starting to see some differences in how they are equipped. Gathering wheels, Auto-tie, Bale ramp, and Counter. Are these items needed or just nice to have?

I'm looking for a used baler....plan to buy one over the winter for next season....and I'm trying to figure that out myself.

JDsafeman":poe6kvom said:
Yes, I saw that one. The prices are all over the place. I am starting to see some differences in how they are equipped. Gathering wheels, Auto-tie, Bale ramp, and Counter. Are these items needed or just nice to have?

I bought my new JD 467 about 5 years ago. I bale for myself and my brother, but I spent a few thousand extra and got the baler set up exactly like I wanted it. Went with the cadillac model and haven't regretted it at all.

I figure that I'm going to be using this thing for the next 40 years or so, so I might as well be happy with what I bought. When breaking down the price over a long term yearly investment, those "little options" that save time are not so expensive after all.

You'll appreciate those time saving options when rain is coming...

Latest posts