Mass shootings and media contagion effect

Help Support CattleToday:

"Your mind may well become rattled by scary headlines and breathless commentary and an unsettled mind will not
make good decisions." - Warren Buffett

Yes he's referring to the business world, but this observation can be applied to many circumstances.

bball":3qxsfhsi said:
I been wondering lately just exactly when this nation was going to wake up and hold the media accountable. They literally have carte blanche to say and do as they please about anyone and anything with little to no consequence. We just chalk it up to being 'fake news'. Why is this ok? It is a newer, brighter shade of yellow journalism. Disgusting.
I think fake news, yellow journalism (same thing) has always been around, but the competition is on a larger scale and more money is at stake. But that ain't it. There are over 300 million versions of the truth now in the US. That is another way of saying there is no truth, because there is no right, no wrong any more. We have each decided truth is what we believe it is.

HDRider":ld6cwmnl said:
bball":ld6cwmnl said:
I been wondering lately just exactly when this nation was going to wake up and hold the media accountable. They literally have carte blanche to say and do as they please about anyone and anything with little to no consequence. We just chalk it up to being 'fake news'. Why is this ok? It is a newer, brighter shade of yellow journalism. Disgusting.
I think fake news, yellow journalism (same thing) has always been around, but the competition is on a larger scale and more money is at stake. But that ain't it. There are over 300 million versions of the truth now in the US. That is another way of saying there is no truth, because there is no right, no wrong any more. We have each decided truth is what we believe it is.

Essentially, extreme individual relativism.

bball":ss8qyjwi said:
HDRider":ss8qyjwi said:
bball":ss8qyjwi said:

Essentially, extreme individual relativism.
I could not have said it that well, or as concisely, but, yes.

I wish they would throw them in an unmarked hole and never report a single thing on the shooter just let him go to hell as a nobody.