Mary Juan Ah

Help Support CattleToday:

Logar":7qsrv3ik said:
skyhightree1":7qsrv3ik said:
With this legalization coming on in multiple states. If it became legal in your state would you raise it and let that become part of your farming operation ?

Having spent a lot of time at the controls of things that could or would end the lives of my fellow man, I would stay as far away from it as I could - I need to be sharp all the time.

You want your kids school bus driver using it?

I know I am considered a dinosaur, but you use it on my place or near me you will definitely NOT like my response.

Call me a hard nosed dickhead if you like. Perhaps I am. But if you call me for help at 0230 you can be certain I am there. I will come with a shotgun and a sledgehammer.

If the shotgun is required I will use it. If I need to get in to your house, shop or barn to help ........ well, we can discuss replacing your door tomorrow over coffee. LOL

But drugs and many things do not mix.

Relaxing the rules might just cause you to lose someone. Seen it a few times.

So - the answer to your question is - Nope.

I actually have morals and ethics and cash is important to live, but not as important to me as the lives of those I work with, live with and have as neighbors.

Legalization of this is simply one more slippery step on a steep slope in my opinion.

A long winded response to your question - my apologies - I would never include it in my operation.

Merry Christmas.

Welcome back Bez. :wave:

Bigfoot":324vbn48 said:
Tons of it is already raised here. Legalized, and the price would fall through the basement. It would eventually go the way of tobacco-----the philip morris and RJ reynolds types would get rich, the farmers would go broke, and the drug heads would smoke themselves stupid.

Exactly!!! There was a show on the KET Educational Network, Kentucky is the second leading grower of Mary Juan Ah. I bet they lobby the legislature with money, whiskey and women to make sure it is NOT legalized!

UK was selected to do field trials in I think '13 or '14 for hemp. now I think over 120 farms in ky grow it.

TennesseeTuxedo":2mv4jxfh said:
Bestoutwest":2mv4jxfh said:
Caustic Burno":2mv4jxfh said:
Funny how liberals think your evil if you smoke a cigarette but it's cool to smoke marijuana.
Funny how I'm called a liberal, yet I couldn't care less if people smoke. I just don't want to pay for their healthcare.

Same could be said about abortion.
It's cheaper than paying for an unwanted child. I wish people would choose to give it up, but I also wish people would Make a lot moreof responsible, intelligent decisions in the first place.

Bestoutwest":1dmi8box said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1dmi8box said:
Bestoutwest":1dmi8box said:
Funny how I'm called a liberal, yet I couldn't care less if people smoke. I just don't want to pay for their healthcare.

It's cheaper than paying for an unwanted child. I wish people would choose to give it up, but I also wish people would Make a lot moreof responsible, intelligent decisions in the first place.

We certainly don't want to get this thread locked or see the conversation deteriorate into a political discussion so let's simply agree that abortion is the best tool available to control the population of the undesirables, or so I read someplace.

TennesseeTuxedo":2z6uo22e said:
Bestoutwest":2z6uo22e said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2z6uo22e said:

We certainly don't want to get this thread locked or see the conversation deteriorate into a political discussion so let's simply agree that abortion is the best tool available to control the population of the undesirables, or so I read someplace.

I knew we'd find some common ground somewhere.

TennesseeTuxedo":vtwdy302 said:
Bestoutwest":vtwdy302 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":vtwdy302 said:

Now that that's settled, what to do with all these old geezers eating up Social Security and Medicare. Hmmm....some would say they are undesirable.
As far as Mary goes.... In a free society, shouldn't individuals be free to grow, sell or smoke their self stupid with anything under the sun? As long as their stupidness isn't negatively affecting anyone else.(Meaning: Don't get stoned and jump in a vehicle). But if they do grow it, sell it or smoke it, shouldn't they then face whatever consequences comes without any govt help. BTW, I have never ever took a puff. Always figured I just may like it so, I'll never know. I knew people that could smoke and youl'd never even know it. While some others burned their brains up and that's all they wanted from life. Seems to have different effect on people.

I ain't much at growing crops but I might open me a shop then get a franchise for a few fast food restaurants and place them around my pot shop.

What's happening here is that there is such a glut of it that the prices are dropping. We have a grow outside of town that is a couple of acres under one roof and they have poured the slab for another one on the same property that is several times larger. Apparently construction on that one is stalled because the wholesale price has dropped a bunch and they ran out of capital to finish the mega grow...

I don't like the idea of young kids/adults whose brains are still developing using it. (And yes, to some extent I do think it's often a gateway drug). BUT if it really does help with the aches and pains of aging, bad backs, torn rotator cuffs, and all of the slings and arrows of getting older, maybe we should make it available for anyone over age X. (50?60? 70 for sure).
I can't grow anything but weeds, so I'd rent out my land to a grower; take payment in product and turn it into edibles. (Brownies, candy etc). "Get stoned and satisfy the munchies all at once!"

TennesseeTuxedo":1lknloe3 said:
When folks realize they are self medicating in response to deeper issues they can begin the healing process.

What did you do with the real TT?

boondocks":1znrvtvc said:
I don't like the idea of young kids/adults whose brains are still developing using it. (And yes, to some extent I do think it's often a gateway drug). BUT if it really does help with the aches and pains of aging, bad backs, torn rotator cuffs, and all of the slings and arrows of getting older, maybe we should make it available for anyone over age X. (50?60? 70 for sure).
I can't grow anything but weeds, so I'd rent out my land to a grower; take payment in product and turn it into edibles. (Brownies, candy etc). "Get stoned and satisfy the munchies all at once!"

I have always regarded it as a gateway drug, and agree very much about it being harmful to developing brains. There appears to be plenty of evidence supporting that walking around these parts. I have heard the arguments for it being used to help with pain, and am still leery of legalization in any form as that is often a slippery slope. That being said the idea of allowing it for terminally ill or elderly with legitimate chronic pain may be a concept that I could possibly entertain. I'm not sure as to how to regulate and control distribution, as the prescription pills have been a fiasco.

TennesseeTuxedo":2eucgwrq said:
Bestoutwest":2eucgwrq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2eucgwrq said:
When folks realize they are self medicating in response to deeper issues they can begin the healing process.

What did you do with the real TT?

He's on vacation, I'm a sub.
A breath of fresh air. Send him a little more beer money adn tell him to take a couple more weeks off. :lol: :lol: :hide: