Mary Ann dies of covid....................

Help Support CattleToday:

Wrong, as usual.
Calif is the most populated state in the US, with a huge number of people that refuse to wear masks, & insist on social recreational gatherings in spite of mask mandates.
Sound familiar?
One of the things that makes me wonder is with the huge population of homeless people in California, Why aren't they dying? No masks, social distancing, hygiene, and all sorts of issue that would create health problems. They should be dying in the streets but they aren't????

One of the things that makes me wonder is with the huge population of homeless people in California, Why aren't they dying? No masks, social distancing, hygiene, and all sorts of issue that would create health problems. They should be dying in the streets but they aren't????
I don't have a report in front of me this moment, but I seem to recall it being reported that it was affecting the homeless. Have there been studies that show they are not affected?

My sire died in his early 50's, my grand sire his late 40's, my dam sire his early 50's. The thing about people is, they are born dying, something will kill everyone that ever will live. All we can do is try to make thinks a little easier for our kids and grandkids (or great-great-great grandkids for some of the more Jurassic forum members.)

I am sorry that you lost your brother, I truly am.

I've read that comment here several times about nobody dying of old age or heart attack anymore; apparently it's all labeled as Covid. Perhaps the various ways of addressing this across our country also plays a part in our attitudes about it.

That statement is not something I hear people talking about where I'm from. I know it is stated in sarcasm to apparently make a point, but sadly, I've known several people to die of heart attack, cancer, and all the other usual causes this year. I've also known people who were experiencing symptoms and were sure they had Covid, but turns out it was flu, strep, allergies, sinus infection, or simply the common cold. I know a guy who gets tested every time he gets a sniffle, and he's been negative each time.

I haven't experienced the "every death is a Covid death" attitude to the point that I feel it necessary to downplay it when there is one.
Good points, from what I have been reading our states positive test results have been averaging somewhere around 8% down from over 9% in previous weeks. That means that the vast majority of the tests are negative. Still without preventive measures those rates would spread much worse.

One thing about Covid it cured the flu we have been fighting for centuries.
It's a funny thing you say that. Here where i am we have a hard border, only limited people aloud into the state, i think 2500 people a week at the hardest point, and they all had to hotel quarantine for two weeks. We had lockdown in april and slowly opened up since. Well the winter just gone, our winter being June, July and August, we had virtually no flu or common winter viruses. The reason they give is that there is already immunity in the community, combined with people doing extra hygiene has virtually stopped it. Now is this good or bad, one dr reckons once we open up influenza could run rampant. Hmmm, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

One thing about Covid it cured the flu we have been fighting for centuries.
It hasn't cured it here in Ky. Although our hottest period for flu here is usually February and March, I know of some people who assumed they would have Covid, but it was flu. Perhaps the preventative measures for Covid also help slow down the spread of flu. There was some reports of that here in the spring.

It hasn't cured it here in Ky. Although our hottest period for flu here is usually February and March, I know of some people who assumed they would have Covid, but it was flu. Perhaps the preventative measures for Covid also help slow down the spread of flu. There was some reports of that here in the spring.
I remember hearing late last winter probably in March that the preventive measures had likely reduced the flu cases, as it had been rampant earlier.

I remember hearing late last winter probably in March that the preventive measures had likely reduced the flu cases, as it had been rampant earlier.
They have to makeup some kind of BS you couldn't get any more social distance than my grandpas farm. Flu got him and his sister they didn't go to town but every other month.
Our elderly politicians seem impervious to it as well.

They have to makeup some kind of BS you couldn't get any more social distance than my grandpas farm. Flu got him and his sister they didn't go to town but every other month.
Our elderly politicians seem impervious to it as well.
One of my grandmothers died from flu that went into pneumonia back in 2000. Flu is and always has been a serious thing. When I was a child my father was diagnosed with emphysema he progressively declined for several years. My family tried to be careful not to bring anything in that would make him sick. At one point he was put on a ventilator for a month or so, he lived about 6 months afterwards. While he was on the ventilator when visiting him we had to put a gown that amounted to tissue paper and a mask to go in his room. At the time I was 17 and thought that was silly as we had tried to be mindful.

One of my grandmothers died from flu that went into pneumonia back in 2000. Flu is and always has been a serious thing. When I was a child my father was diagnosed with emphysema he progressively declined for several years. My family tried to be careful not to bring anything in that would make him sick. At one point he was put on a ventilator for a month or so, he lived about 6 months afterwards. While he was on the ventilator when visiting him we had to put a gown that amounted to tissue paper and a mask to go in his room. At the time I was 17 and thought that was silly as we had tried to be mindful.
I remember when my sister was being whacked with chemotherapy and we were all so careful not to let anyone near her who was sick because chemo knocks out your immune system. Lucky or good i don't know but she sailed through it and made a full recovery.

Look up population density in 1919. The Spanish influenza circled the globe in four to five months taking out over 20 million. Social distance doesn't hold a lot of water. Pretty hard to get more distance than a two mule farm in Tyler county in 1918.
I lost a sister to it in 2018, just like Covid the flu didn't kill her, underlying conditions did. The flu was the last straw the old immune system could take.

I remember when my sister was being whacked with chemotherapy and we were all so careful not to let anyone near her who was sick because chemo knocks out your immune system. Lucky or good i don't know but she sailed through it and made a full recovery.
That's exactly what wrecked my sister immunity. Chemo is rough stuff.
I guess where critical thinkers have a problem with the hocus pocus distancing.
The mask compilers will stand 6 or more feet away in an airport terminal and pack on a plane like sardines. Get in enclosed tube and your safe.

Look up population density in 1919. The Spanish influenza circled the globe in four to five months taking out over 20 million. Social distance doesn't hold a lot of water. Pretty hard to get more distance than a two mule farm in Tyler county in 1918.
I lost a sister to it in 2018, just like Covid the flu didn't kill her, underlying conditions did. The flu was the last straw the old immune system could take.
That is a lot of the point right there, dangerous illnesses like flu and now covid are dangerous enough on their own and when coupled with other conditions its often life threatening.
The Spanish flu was a new strain then that was highly contagious and deadly similar to the way covid is spreading now. Social distancing may have been the day to day normal due to low population density and people staying on their property working. I'm sure that there was some interaction at times with neighbors even if distant, and eventually folks did go into towns, so I can see where it would have spread back then. The Covid stuff of today, is even more of a spreading event due to the close proximity of living and frequency and ease of travel.

Virginia state senator Ben Chafin age 60 died with covid-19.
He was hospitalized for the coronavirus and suffered a heart attack while under going an undisclosed treatment.
Official cause of death: coronavirus complications.

Last edited:
That is a lot of the point right there, dangerous illnesses like flu and now covid are dangerous enough on their own and when coupled with other conditions its often life threatening.
Right. There are people who had another condition that probably wouldn't have died at that point, but combined with Covid, they died. That's why I don't understand the attitude that it's no big deal if we spread it around when we could take a few precautions to help protect others.

Right. There are people who had another condition that probably wouldn't have died at that point, but combined with Covid, they died. That's why I don't understand the attitude that it's no big deal if we spread it around when we could take a few precautions to help protect others.
The point is you can't hide from a virus and have a life.
We're all dying do you want to live the trip or hide? The end result is the same.

The point is you can't hide from a virus and have a life.
We're all dying do you want to live the trip or hide? The end result is the same.
I've heard that statement in one form or another many times. I suppose I was never under the impression that my life had to be totally peachy 24/7 in order to be living a life. Hardships and things I don't want to do are something I accept as part of living. I also don't expect this to go on at this level forever. If I can do some small things to help protect others, I will probably be ok if I miss an activity or two.

Latest posts