Mary Ann dies of covid....................

Help Support CattleToday:

Sad that anyone dies of Covid or Covid related. I remember watching her on Gillian's Island growing up and reruns later.

She was here in Western Australia about 8 months ago touring. Listened to her interview on radio, she was a laugh and told lots of interesting stories. She should have stayed here and might still be alive.

I was certainly a Gilligan's Island and Mary Ann fan when I was younger. It's sad to hear.

She was here in Western Australia about 8 months ago touring. Listened to her interview on radio, she was a laugh and told lots of interesting stories. She should have stayed here and might still be alive.
Don't see why that would be the case. Didn't she live in heavily masked and locked down California? Should have been safe there. Right? Right? Right?

Don't see why that would be the case. Didn't she live in heavily masked and locked down California? Should have been safe there. Right? Right? Right?
Pretty sure the answer you're looking for is no. We've had no virus here for more than eight months. We're living free and the economy is booming.

Regardless of what someone dies of or how old they are, I try to show the usual compassion that I would for anyone. Obviously, I didn't know Dawn Wells personally, but that's how I do it for people I do know. I actually visited the funeral home recently for an elderly lady who died from Covid. I noticed that nobody was making witty comments about her age or the fact that she wore masks and got it anyway. It just didn't seem relevant.

She spent all those years stranded/lost on that tropical island with nothing but those shorts plum up to her azz. It is amazing malaria or some tropical disease would have gotten her then. Who would have ever thought covid would have taken her out after all that??????????

People don't die of old age anymore, or the flu, or cancer, or heart disease...
A couple of twins run a local pharmacy near me. They told me normally by this time of year they had sold lots of Tamiflu. So far this year they have yet to sell a prescription..

Regardless of what someone dies of or how old they are, I try to show the usual compassion that I would for anyone. Obviously, I didn't know Dawn Wells personally, but that's how I do it for people I do know. I actually visited the funeral home recently for an elderly lady who died from Covid. I noticed that nobody was making witty comments about her age or the fact that she wore masks and got it anyway. It just didn't seem relevant.
Obviously I wasn't there.
Like I told my older sister earlier this month at my brothers funeral, he is the only person in the state that didn't die of Covid. Pack of Marlboro a day might of had something to do with it.

Obviously I wasn't there.
Like I told my older sister earlier this month at my brothers funeral, he is the only person in the state that didn't die of Covid. Pack of Marlboro a day might of had something to do with it.
I am sorry that you lost your brother, I truly am.

I've read that comment here several times about nobody dying of old age or heart attack anymore; apparently it's all labeled as Covid. Perhaps the various ways of addressing this across our country also plays a part in our attitudes about it.

That statement is not something I hear people talking about where I'm from. I know it is stated in sarcasm to apparently make a point, but sadly, I've known several people to die of heart attack, cancer, and all the other usual causes this year. I've also known people who were experiencing symptoms and were sure they had Covid, but turns out it was flu, strep, allergies, sinus infection, or simply the common cold. I know a guy who gets tested every time he gets a sniffle, and he's been negative each time.

I haven't experienced the "every death is a Covid death" attitude to the point that I feel it necessary to downplay it when there is one.

Wrong, as usual.
Calif is the most populated state in the US, with a huge number of people that refuse to wear masks, & insist on social recreational gatherings in spite of mask mandates.
Sound familiar?

Wrong, as usual.
Calif is the most populated state in the US, with a huge number of people that refuse to wear masks, & insist on social recreational gatherings in spite of mask mandates.
Sound familiar?
if that's truly the case, which is doubtful considering the source, my opinion of Californians just went up.

Latest posts