Marketing Live cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I live in a rather remote section of Idaho and have trucked my calves to a live auction for years. I would like to find buyers that would come and buy them out of my feedlot. How do I get in touch or find a list of feedlots willing to do so. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

The feedlots interested in your calves will depend on the genetics and size of your calves.<p>If they are good quality Angus or Angus cross the American Angus Assoc. has a list of feedlots that want to specialize only in Angus cattle. Visit them at http://www.angus.org<p>Another source is other local producers. If you have similar calves, or if you sell at similar times see if you can interest the buyers in all the calves in your area.<p>The breeder you buy your bulls from should also be able to help you market your calves. I offer this service to my buyers. I'll gladly make some calls to try and get my customers a better price. The key is that I know the calves because I sold the bulls that sired them. This applies to both sides of the border, as I know people who feed cattle in the States and in Canada. Many of the calves born in Idaho this year sired by my bulls may wind up in Canada to feed this fall. The new 2 shot protocol is finally in place so these calves can come in without drawing blood.<p>Hope this gives you a place to start.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1vsspfh2 said:
: <p>Ran across this address the other day, they have sales in 13 Western States. Might contact them to list in their video sale.<p><p><p><p><br>I live in a rather remote section of Idaho and have trucked my calves to a live auction for years. I would like to find buyers that would come and buy them out of my feedlot. How do I get in touch or find a list of feedlots willing to do so. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":qgmbu05g said:
: : <p>: Ran across this address the other day, they have sales in 13 Western States. Might contact them to list in their video sale.<p>Sorry cut and pasted address but got lost I guess<p>www.wvmcattle.com<br>: <br>: I live in a rather remote section of Idaho and have trucked my calves to a live auction for years. I would like to find buyers that would come and buy them out of my feedlot. How do I get in touch or find a list of feedlots willing to do so. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p><br>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":193ohjsa said:
: The feedlots interested in your calves will depend on the genetics and size of your calves.<p>: If they are good quality Angus or Angus cross the American Angus Assoc. has a list of feedlots that want to specialize only in Angus cattle. Visit them at http://www.angus.org<p>: Another source is other local producers. If you have similar calves, or if you sell at similar times see if you can interest the buyers in all the calves in your area.<p>: The breeder you buy your bulls from should also be able to help you market your calves. I offer this service to my buyers. I'll gladly make some calls to try and get my customers a better price. The key is that I know the calves because I sold the bulls that sired them. This applies to both sides of the border, as I know people who feed cattle in the States and in Canada. Many of the calves born in Idaho this year sired by my bulls may wind up in Canada to feed this fall. The new 2 shot protocol is finally in place so these calves can come in without drawing blood.<p>: Hope this gives you a place to start.<p>: Jason Trowbridge<br>: Southern Angus Farms<br>: Alberta Canada<p><br>Either that try to build a website and see how many people will buy your stock or have an idea of an auction on your ranch but inform us by your website. Goodluck<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts