marketing help

Help Support CattleToday:

if them calves are angus they wont put on 125lb in a mounth an a half on grass.sim or char might but not angus.but the angus should sell 115 to 123 at auction barn.them buyers are pretty slick.if he oferd 108 in sept.you can bet theyll go for at least that at the auction barn in sept.i would hold til about 800lb an sell at auction barn.i dont trust buyers unless theres about 20 of them bidding .but thats just me.good luck~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":23e6z9ui said:
if them calves are angus they wont put on 125lb in a mounth an a half on grass.sim or char might but not angus.but the angus should sell 115 to 123 at auction barn.them buyers are pretty slick.if he oferd 108 in sept.you can bet theyll go for at least that at the auction barn in sept.i would hold til about 800lb an sell at auction barn.i dont trust buyers unless theres about 20 of them bidding .but thats just me.good luck~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Markets fluctuate. They don't even have to briing $.75 in Sept. The man is talking about locking in a profit. Not a cra'p shoot.

Just a quick note to let everyone who is curious know how she turned out. Also a big thank you to La4angus,Texan,CampgroundCattle, Tc, Ollie for answering the original post. It was an outstanding year for grass up here and I realize I couldn,t do this every year but My steers came in at 838 after "dry standing overnight". They really turned it on thru late july,august and sept. Averaged 2.5# per day for the summer. The dry stand is why there was no pencil shrink in the contract. I do realize I got a lower price than I should have but you still would need a grinder to get the smile off my face Thanks again to everyone, Also I forgot Dun, I got a lot of info from you also throughout the summer, Actually I got alot from many others but I just can't remember everyone right now So thanks to all.

That's great news, Baldy! Always like to hear it when a cattleman makes money! That kind of luck makes you want to do it bigger next year, right?

it sure does, But I already spent my profit on plane tickets ,and seats for the 8 and 10 rounds at the NFR. Maybe I will get lucky in Vegas too. I will do it again, and when I gat a few more years under my belt I will try aCow/calf operation( don't hurt to dream does it)

Tc":38dm49yc said:
if them calves are angus they wont put on 125lb in a mounth an a half on grass.sim or char might but not angus~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc
Amazing that the cattle were supposed to weigh 775 lb but weighed 838. Musta been a bunch of char and simmys in them.

Those blacks didn't hurt a thing did they LA. Congratulations Baldy. You must also be in good grass country.

it was this year anyway, but I only had 30 hd on 200 acres,also got 242 big rounds off of it . It was coolish and had timeley rain all summer. I purposely went easy on it this year...We will see what next year brings

ollie":3asbmszo said:
Those blacks didn't hurt a thing did they LA. Congratulations Baldy. You must also be in good grass country.

just cause there black dont mean there angus.with that growth they were probly xed with black sim.im happy for you baldy.but i still think the buyer made out like a bandet.~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":8boerr8n said:
ollie":8boerr8n said:

just cause there black dont mean there angus.with that growth they were probly xed with black sim.im happy for you baldy.but i still think the buyer made out like a bandet.~~~~~~~~Tc

TC. How do you think those simmis got black?? With black shoe polish????

here we go again.they probly got it from angus many gens back.thats the only thing thats still there.is the black hide.they dam sure didnt get the growth from angus.if you look close at some of the cab calves youll probly see some shoe polish.the black could come from holstine or any other black breed for that matter.~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":34d47hpm said:
here we go again.they probly got it from angus many gens back.thats the only thing thats still there.is the black hide.they dam sure didnt get the growth from angus.if you look close at some of the cab calves youll probly see some shoe polish.the black could come from holstine or any other black breed for that matter.~~~~~~~~~Tc

What other pure or fullblood breeds are black that it could have come from besides Angus??

read the post. holstine for one.if you tell me holstine come from angus im gone barff. galloway,hays con,welsh black,

Just a thought, check out the cattle range. cattlerange.com, it offers alot of different yet productive marketing ideas where the seller and buyer deal direct. Not taking anything from any of the other marketing practices.

Latest posts