Marketing dink heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":rq0jakkm said:
WalnutCrest":rq0jakkm said:
RanchMan90":rq0jakkm said:
Got any pictures of them?[/quote

Just trying to figure out how to make a little lemonade...

Roping calves.

yep. At least pin hookers wait till you get to the sale--around here, they leave notes in your mailbox and on your gate and if they see you with calves penned, they stop by haranguing you to sell them a few.

Absent selling them as rodeo stock, I think the plan is to sell them in April / May and buy one young pair (or two, if the heifers do anything worthwhile in the next few months) to use as a possible recip.

Hope your prices are decent in April / May. A friend here who is a buyer called my son yesterday to see if we had anything we were gonna sell soon. Said that things were up a bit and there was some demand right now, expected it to last a week or two. Said if we had anything that we didn't want to feed then this might be a good time. He has always given us pretty good selling advice. With the supposed snow coming, Michael was sent to eastern shore area today with a crew of VDOT workers so today was out. We are thinking a stock trailer load next week, get a few off the feed bunk.
He also said that in Feb/ early Mar would be better than April, talk is the prices will fall off and the buyers aren't looking for it to rebound.

We have some "bigger" cattle operators on here, what is y'alls thoughts???

They'd be gone from here if they only weighed 300 at weaning...
Haven't followed the full discussion, but I'd be more than a little concerned about whether some or all of these dinks might be BVD-PI animals...

Latest posts