Marketing Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Superior Livestock is good. We used it once but know lots of people who have sold through them for years. I think you need a full truckload.

I am that big yet to sell truckloads of cattle. I am talking 10 head or mostly Brangus and Brangus mix.
For small quantities like that it's usually the sale barn. If you have top quality stock you can try to sell replacement heifers or bred heifers.
It's best to have them as uniform as possible, same age, size and quality.

You are probably referring more to the likes of social media, facebook, craigslist in your question???
I can't help you as in a different country but marketing small numbers on our gumtree and social media is gaining a lot here.

Ken

Probably a good idea to at least get a round about figure on what you could get at the sale barn. I have advertised and sold some on the social media sites and whatnot and from my experience most people that contacted me want them for next to nothing (obviously going to flip them). They don't reply back when I tell them I can get 300-500 dollars more at the sale barn then what they are offering. Makes me wonder how many people sell to them for such a low price.

Latest posts