Marines and Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
For the longest time, I have wanted to raise the ?
As a percent of the total population, the number of Marines, active and retired, has to be a tiny percent.
But, at any given moment on this board (CT) there will be a number of Marines.
Cattlemen and Marines are both rarely found in this world. Is there some link? Why do so many Marines end up owning cattle. Any simple answers?
I should disclose that I also think there is a preponderance of left handers in the cow business. So I guess I am given to conspiracy theories.

Grunt are just so used to being ordered around they substitute a cow for an officer. Probalby prefer the smarter cow over the officer.

Are you left handed? I thought lefties were supposed to be more creative, athletic and musical than righties. Of course, a lot of creative people have mental illnesses, so I don't know about that either. My son is a leftie. He certainly isn't interested in cattle, I can tell you that. He isn't exactly Marine material, either. Too skinny. I have noticed a rather high percentage of Marines on the boards, as well. Of course, I am sure that there are people who were in other divisions of the Armed Forces on the boards.

I guess we need some sort of count here. Speak out Veterans!

I was in the ground to air defence, and trained to send guided missiles to strike attack crafts such as planes and helicopters. At home now, I just raise cows!

Two years in Army 67-68-69....But love to see all the marines posting on the board....darn proud of them. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marine ... 8 years ... but a Marine for life. I can't explain the relation though. Maybe as Marines we just got so used to stepping in other peoples crap, we just moved to cows!

Meador_m":38mapysi said:
US Navy 2002-06, Cryptologist... guess I'm kinda the odd ball :D
For being a Cryptologist or in the Navy???
If I am not mistaken, I thought the Navy was part of the Marine Corps!
Or was it the Air Force?
Or was it the Army?
:D
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Army Ranger
82nd AB 1/504th PIR 86-92
278th ACR Phoenix 6 92-2006

Now I wage war on bovines that won't do what they are supposed to :cboy:

john250":251f3gom said:
I appreciate all the answers. :tiphat:
Could it be the other way around? i.e. Ranches send a higher percent into service--for whatever reasons?
That's what I was thinking.

Both :) and for the record the marines are part of the Navy.. but don't tell them that ;-) Personally I don't think it matters I'm grateful for everyone who joins and it doesn't matter who was in what if it came down to it we'd have each others' back in a dark alley... or smokey bar... or... whatever else

Meador_m":3s7cilrk said:
Both :) and for the record the marines are part of the Navy.. but don't tell them that ;-)

Yup. The navy is the only service that has their own cadre of bellhops!

Horticattleman":4jv928h8 said:
The Marine Corps IS a department of the Navy........THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT!!! :cowboy:

Then why do their mommas dress them so funny?

Latest posts