Marine Duty this week... Tax dollars

Help Support CattleToday:

KANSAS

Reaction score
Thought some of you would find this interesting. Just got off the phone with my brother (Note: up for major this year). Well being in the marines they have a special assignment this week. He works in the Pentagon, but this week the Democrats have asked the marines to transport their luggage from D.C. to Williamsburg, VA. What is wrong with these people? He said he and his co-marines are loading up u-hauls of the luggage, take it down to Williamsburg, take up to the hotel rooms. Oh and of course pick up folks from the airport.

Nice isnt it... I told him to pee in the luggage for me..

Thats why we (those of us in the military) cant get a good raise. Doormen dont usually make that much

KANSAS":f3tfcskh said:
Thought some of you would find this interesting. Just got off the phone with my brother (Note: up for major this year). Well being in the marines they have a special assignment this week. He works in the Pentagon, but this week the Democrats have asked the marines to transport their luggage from D.C. to Williamsburg, VA. What is wrong with these people? He said he and his co-marines are loading up u-hauls of the luggage, take it down to Williamsburg, take up to the hotel rooms. Oh and of course pick up folks from the airport.

Nice isnt it... I told him to pee in the luggage for me..

Since when do the Marines work for the Democratic Party? Or have they been hauling Republican's luggage for 12 years, too?

Since when do the Marines work for the Democratic Party? Or have they been hauling Republican's luggage for 12 years, too?

They have been kinda busy looking after their oil interests.

Having spent 1/3 of my life in the Corps I find this story to be a bit exeragerated if true at all. Not that this sort of thing isn't beyond the scope of the new and more understanding Corps...but I would hate to think that there is a commander in the ranks that does not have the stones to properly inform our civic leaders of the purpose and role of the military. I'm sure that the Commandant of the Marine Corps would have a few words for the congress if this situation were brought to his attention.
And that's my two bits worth...Dave Mc

Susie David":5rh82amz said:
Having spent 1/3 of my life in the Corps I find this story to be a bit exeragerated if true at all. Not that this sort of thing isn't beyond the scope of the new and more understanding Corps...but I would hate to think that there is a commander in the ranks that does not have the stones to properly inform our civic leaders of the purpose and role of the military. I'm sure that the Commandant of the Marine Corps would have a few words for the congress if this situation were brought to his attention.
And that's my two bits worth...Dave Mc

I'm with you on this one. Now, if there's a reason to assign a unit or some marines to these people because of a possible heightened security or terroristic threat during the change in offices, then I can see these guys helping with the luggage... 8)

Alice

Alice":1gvsg2f4 said:
if there's a reason to assign a unit or some marines to these people because of a possible heightened security or terroristic threat during the change in offices, then I can see these guys helping with the luggage... 8)

Alice

Awfully hard to be alert and carry your rifle when your hands are full of boxes and luggage

dun":1zzbo2rv said:
Alice":1zzbo2rv said:
if there's a reason to assign a unit or some marines to these people because of a possible heightened security or terroristic threat during the change in offices, then I can see these guys helping with the luggage... 8)

Alice

Awfully hard to be alert and carry your rifle when your hands are full of boxes and luggage

If there were truly a threat, then I would bet that the luggage owners would not be allowed to handle the luggage until it was safely in their rooms.

Alice

mdmdogs3":3tsybw66 said:
might be interesting if this were "leaked" to the washington post or some other media outlet

Personally, I think there's more to the story that just using the marines as bellboys. However, it may be worth the price of admission to write a media outlet to ask them to check it out. Fox news probably would welcome the opportunity. 8)

Alice

mdmdogs3":1eqwusy8 said:
might be interesting if this were "leaked" to the washington post or some other media outlet

Only if it were true and I find it doubtful. The military works for the Executive Branch of the government, not the Legislative Branch. So if they've been tasked to move Congress, the President sent them.

Frankie":2ojbajcz said:
mdmdogs3":2ojbajcz said:

Only if it were true and I find it doubtful. The military works for the Executive Branch of the government, not the Legislative Branch. So if they've been tasked to move Congress, the President sent them.

Excellent, Frankie! :D Wish I'd remembered of that... :?

Alice

If you dont believe me... Send me a PM and I will give you his cell phone number. You can call him directly..

KANSAS":v33kg2ic said:
If you dont believe me... Send me a PM and I will give you his cell phone number. You can call him directly..

Never said it wasn't true that the Marines are moving Congress. There are lots of military in DC and they're used for lots of different things in the government, from burying former Presidents to guarding monuments. My point is that the DEMOCRATS didn't cause the Marines to move their luggage. Either it's a routine thing they do every session, or the PRESIDENT sent them to do it.

He did not tell me the reason why. Just called me up.. had me guess what he was doing, and when i couldnt come up with it he told me the Dem's were having him and other marines move their luggage from Capitol Hill.

Latest posts